46

•Rain's POV•

"Well don't just sit there! We have to look for them!"

I went back inside to get help from Kaila and them. "Jordyn and Adam are lost! Can you guys help us find them?" I asked.

"Of course!" Kaila replied, jumping up from the table. She and the others raced outside to join Lincoln, Blake, Emily, and me.

"Let's split up into groups. Kaila and Hunter, why don't you come with me and Lincoln? Alex and Amber, you go with Blake and Emily," I instructed.

They all agreed and we split up. "We'll check the woods," Emily said.

"Okay, we'll check around here. They couldn't've gotten far."

"Where to first, captain?" Hunter asked me.

"How bout the pool? Maybe Jordyn forgot her sunglasses or something," Lincoln suggested.

"Good idea," I replied. So we trekked to the pool and looked around for Jordyn and Adam. But they weren't there.

"Okay, where else?" Kaila asked.

"Hmm...the dock? That's near here." They followed me to the boating dock and we looked all around.

Finally, we spotted Jordyn. But where was Adam?

"Jordyn!" I yelled. She was at the far end of the dock.

She turned to see our group. "Guys, come quick!" she screamed.

Lincoln, Kaila, Hunter, and I ran towards her. "What is it?" I asked in a panic.

"It's Adam. He fell in the lake and I think he's drowning!"

"Can't you do anything to save him?!"

"Not that I know of. I don't have a life jacket," she replied.

"Ugh." I ran to the owner of the dock and asked to borrow a life jacket.

"It's $5," he informed me.

"I don't have $5! This is urgent!"

"Uh. Okay." He sighed and handed me a life jacket. Geez, what was wrong with him?!

By then, Emily and her group had joined us. I put on the life jacket and buckled the straps. "Okay, I'm going in," I told my friends. "Wish me luck."

Then I dove in and opened my eyes underwater, searching for Adam. The salt burned my eyes, but I stayed below the surface.

Just as I was losing all hope of finding him, I spotted Adam sinking a few feet away. I swam towards him as fast as I could, and grabbed him by the arm. I slung it around my shoulders and pulled him up to the surface.

I coughed up a bunch of water and tried my best to hoist him up onto the dock. Hunter and Lincoln grabbed his hands and helped him up. But he was still unconscious.

I climbed onto the dock, scraping my knee on the wood. But all I cared about was saving Adam.

"Does anyone know CPR?" I asked.

"I do!" Jordyn cried, and thrust herself forward. She dropped to the ground and started pumping Adam's chest. She connected her mouth to his and breathed air into it, then continued to press on his chest.

I would've thought it was romantic, except this was a life or death situation.

She continued to breathe air into his lungs, until finally, he began to cough. He spit up a mouthful of water, and Jordyn sat there with tears in her eyes.

When he finally looked at her, she wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. "I thought I was gonna lose you," she whispered.

"You'll never lose me," he replied softly.

Everyone cheered for Jordyn's hard work. I think we were all happy to have our friend back, and extremely grateful that Jordyn had saved him. But I knew it was really all thanks to God in the end.

- - -
A/N: Well! Lots of action in this chapter, that's for sure. Were you expecting something like that to happen? Let me know in the comments!