3

•Rain's POV•

My boss had let both Emily and I off for the first seven days of June, and I was extremely happy. I couldn't wait for camp! I'd spent like three days getting ready.

"I'm so excited to have the whole squad back together!" Emily exclaimed. "You, me, Lincoln, Jordyn, Cami, Blake... It's gonna be fun."

"I know! I can't wait!"

Emily frowned suddenly. "Oh wait. I forgot. Cami can't come this year. She's going on a family vacation in Florida."

"Aw," I pouted. I would miss her. But-not to sound rude-at least I'd have all my other friends.

"I can't believe it's been an entire year since camp, though!" Emily exclaimed. "It feels like just yesterday."

"I know!"

We got all our stuff together and drove over to the church, where everyone was meeting. The school bus was there, and the parking lot was packed with cars and students.

I got a familiar case of déjà vu, remembering how all of this had begun. I hadn't liked camp at first. In fact, I'd hated it! But by the second or third day, I was a soul on fire. I couldn't get enough of God's word or the amazing music that connected me to Him.

Lincoln's car pulled up and I walked over to him, Emily following close behind. "Hey!" I greeted.

"Hey, babe," he said as he came to give me a hug. As we embraced, he kissed my forehead.

"PDA P-don't!" Emily exclaimed, referring to an old phrase used at camp. Public displays of affection weren't tolerated at camp. So campers often shouted "PDA P-don't" when they saw a couple doing so much as hugging or holding hands. The P stood for please, if you were wondering.

"Hey, you're the one who followed me over here," I insisted.

"Yeah. And we're not at camp yet anyway," Lincoln added.

Emily laughed. "I was just kidding. You guys are adorable."

I gave her a pleading look, as if to say 'could you give us some privacy?' After all, I wouldn't even be able to hug Lincoln for a whole week! I had to get in all my "PDA's" before the bus ride.

"Ugh, fine." She walked away, and went to join our friend Blake, who had just arrived.

"Now, where were we?" I said to Lincoln, and pulled him into a good, long hug.

- - -
A/N: Aww Lincain😍😋 I promise they won't be this mushy-gushy all the time. It will get better, trust me.