70

A/N: This is getting really long... HA, "getting." Sorry. But I bet you don't really mind. 😉 This might be like...80 chapters? Maybe 85. Idk yet. We shall see.

- - -

•Alex's POV•

After breakfast on Friday, it was time for games. I couldn't wait, because my team was playing with Amber's.

The game was soccer, something I wasn't very good at. When it was my turn to sit out, it was also Amber's. Lucky me.

"Well, tomorrow's the last day. Have you had fun?" I asked.

"I have. I'm really glad you got to come." She smiled, and my heart skipped a beat.

"Me too. It's strange how we all ended up meeting each other here. But a good kind of strange, ya know?"

"Yeah. Like a coincidence."

"Yeah, that."

There was a pause. Then she asked, "Do you like soccer?"

"Not really. I'm not very good," I admitted.

"Me neither. But you should see Jordyn play! It's her favorite sport."

"Oh, I think her team is up next," I noted, looking to the sidelines where a group from the blue team was gathered.

"Do you want to do something after our game?" Amber asked.

"I would like that," I answered, smiling.

So when the game was over (we lost, by the way), we walked down to the dock. Technically we weren't supposed to be alone... But there was no one to go with us. Orange and blue were playing against each other, so our friends were busy.

"Do you think we'll stay in touch after camp?" I asked.

"I hope so. I mean, you may not go to church anymore, but that's okay. We can find some way go hang out."

"Good. Because it sucked not being able to talk to you whenever I wanted."

She grinned. "I know how you feel."