62

A/N: I haven't updated in foreverness, so I apologize. In the last chapter, we saw Rain's mom, Hannah, go on a date with her ex husband, aka Rain's father. I won't be revisiting that part of the story til the end of this book. Sorry, but you'll have to wait and see what happens! Hehe I love torturing you all. 😊 So. Now we're back at camp.

- - -

•Rain's POV•

I got in line with some of my friends, and once we had our food, we found a table big enough for all six of us. "Who wants to come get a drink with me?" I asked the group.

"I will," Emily offered.

So we walked over to the drink station and got some cups. I filled mine up with Mountain Dew, my favorite.

As we walked back to our table, Emily said, "I can't believe camp is almost over. We only have two more days."

"I know. I don't want to leave."

"Me neither. But this has been a really good week."

"Definitely! We made new friends, learned some new songs..."

"And Blake said he likes me," she finished, smiling.

"Oh right. Who could forget that?" I said with a wink. "Speaking of, have you decided what you're gonna do about that?"

She frowned. "Not really. I mean, I don't want to let him down, but..."

"You don't like him?"

"No, I do! Well. I don't know. I never really thought about it."

I gave her a knowing stare.

"Okay, fine... I've thought about it. Maybe a couple times. But I never thought he would actually like me."

"Well he does. So why don't you go out with him?"

"I don't know. I guess I don't want to ruin the friendship we have."

"Honeyyyy," I said, drawing out the word. "He is in love with you! If anyone's ruining the friendship, it's him. He's the one that came clean about liking you."

"True..."

"Exactly. So why don't you just say it back? Tell him that you like him."

She sighed. "I'm scared."

"Of what?"

She bit her lip and frowned. "I'm not really sure."

We were nearing the table, so I dropped the subject and sat down by Jordyn. I hoped Emily had been reassured by my little pep talk. I wanted her and Blake together more than anything!

I looked at him across the table. He was looking at Emily. I focused my eyes in her direction, and saw that she was staring down at her plate, shoving bites of lasagna in her mouth. I sighed. This was gonna take more work than I thought.