75

•Rain's POV•

As we went through the line at dinner, it dawned on me that this would be our last dinner at camp for the year. I frowned, sad at the thought of leaving.

"Is everything okay?" said a voice from behind me.

I turned to see Lincoln. "Oh. Yeah, everything's fine. I just don't want to leave camp."

"Oh, that's right. This is the last night," he agreed.

"Yup."

"Better make it count." He winked, which made me smile.

We ate dinner, and afterwards, I suggested we make a toast. "I want to remember this week for the rest of my life. It's been a great one," I began.

"Definitely. I learned a lot about myself," Emily agreed. Her eyes shifted over to Blake for a split second, and I couldn't help grinning. They were so cute. "To new things!" We clinked our glasses.

Jordyn went next. "It's been a pretty good week. There were some mishaps-" She eyed Adam then, and continued, "-but we got through it. To safety!"

"I've definitely learned a lot more about God, and how to trust Him," said Adam. "To trusting God!"

"This week was pretty life-changing," Blake added, winking at Emily. "In a good way. To life change!"

Lincoln was last. "Last summer was probably the best one I'll ever have," he said, looking over at me. "But this one was pretty great too. I think we all made some new friends, and were able to confess our feelings in one way or another." He looked pointedly at Blake and Adam. "I'll always remember this summer. And I'm glad I got to spend it with you. To us!"

Yeah, it was corny, but I loved him all the more for it. He always knew how to tie everything together. I liked that about him.

- - -
A/N: Sorry it's been awhile since my last update. I've been busy, to say the least. But now I'm back. 😊 Sadly, this book is almost over. There are probably just a few chapters left. I'll try to draw it out some, so it doesn't have to end so suddenly. Okay, that's all for now. Peace✌