67

•Lincoln's POV•

"I can't believe tomorrow is the last full day," I said to my girlfriend Rain as we walked back to the dorms, hand in hand.

"I know. I wish camp could last forever!" she agreed, swinging our arms back and forth.

"Me too. There's something so perfect about this place."

"Maybe because it's where we met," she suggested, nudging me gently.

I smiled at her, because I'd been thinking the same thing.

"Have you enjoyed this year?" she asked me.

"Yeah, I have. The games have been awesome," I replied with a wink.

"Oh, don't remind me!"

"Don't be a sore loser," I said, sticking my tongue out at her.

"Don't be a child," she answered, letting go of my hand to cross her arms over her chest.

"Fine, fine. You don't have to be so defensive," I teased.

"I'm not defensive!" she protested. I gave her a knowing look. "Okay, fine...maybe a little," said said quietly.

I tilted her chin up so I could see her beautiful blue eyes. "You're perfect, you know that?"

She scoffed. "I am not perfect." Then, "You really think that?"

"Well, nobody's completely perfect. But you are, for me."

She smiled, the kind of smile that made her nose crinkle. The kind that killed me.

"You're making it really hard not to kiss you," I said, running a hand through her long brown hair.

"Am I?" she said, moving closer to me. She placed her hand on my chest, close enough to hear my nervous breathing.

"Mmhmm," I said.

She stood on tiptoe and whispered into my ear, just one word that was enough to drive me crazy. "Sorry." Then she skipped away from me to catch up with her friends.

Gosh, that girl would be the death of me.

- - -
A/N: Sorry it's been a few days. And sorry this was kind of short. I'm trying to work on my new story, Winning Skylinn. If it's not in your library, please check it out! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I just love Lincain! 😌