48

•Jordyn's POV•

"Hey, Adam."

"Hey!" He came up to me and we started walking to the chapel together. "Thanks for waiting."

"No problem. I figured you wouldn't want to walk back all by yourself."

"Yeah."

"What was Pastor Brett talking to you about?"

"You'll see," he said with a wink.

I smiled. "Okay."

"So, uh, I never really thanked you for what you did earlier."

"Oh, no pr-"

"It was really brave," he said before I could finish. "And I'm really glad you were the one who did it."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I mean, what if it was Blake or somebody? Wouldn't want to be given mouth-to-mouth by him!" he joked.

"Ha, yeah," I laughed.

"Look, there's something I've been meaning to tell y-"

He was interrupted by Lincoln, who came up behind him and said, "Hey man, let's find a seat."

"O-okay," Adam agreed. He gave me an apologetic look. "I'll talk to you later, Jo."

"Okay." I waved as he was dragged away by his friends.

I found Rain and Emily, who had invited Kaila, Amber, and Kassie to sit with them. Feeling bad that we hadn't hung out with her all day, I sat down next to Kassie.

Soon, the music started, and I lost myself in the worship.

- - -

The last song they played was "Great Things" by Elevation Worship. It was one of my favorites!

Thank you for the wilderness
Where I learned to thirst for your presence
If I'd never know that place
How could I have know you are better?

Thank you for the lonely times
When I learned to live in the silence
As the others voices fade
I can hear to calling me Jesus

And it's worth it all
Just to know you more

You've done great things
Jesus, your love never fails me
My soul will sing
You have done great things
You've done great things
In weakness, you are my victory
My soul will sing
You have done great things

Thank you for the scars I bear
They declare that you are my healer
How could I have seen your strength
If you'd never shown me my weakness?

And that's where I just started losing it. I sunk into my chair and began to cry, harder and harder, as I thought about what happened earlier today. Adam almost died. But I saved him. With God's help, I saved a life today.

When the song ended, the lights came up and I was surprised to see Adam himself walking up on stage.

"Hey, guys," he began. "So many of you have heard what happened to me today. I almost drowned. But thanks to God and my amazing friends, I'm alive."

I smiled, glad to hear him speak about Jesus.

"As you can imagine, there were so many thoughts running through my head as I sunk deeper and deeper into that water. I wanted to trust God, and believe that he would save me. And he did. But I was also a little selfish, and I had other thoughts as well."

This should be interesting, I thought to myself.

"As I began to drown, I couldn't help but think about the girl who ended up saving me. I kept thinking, 'What if I never get the chance to tell her I like her?' It was scary, to say the least, and I wanted a second chance more than anything."

My heart started to pound rapidly. Who was the girl he was talking about? Rain was the one who rescued him, not me. Did he secretly have a crush on her? That wouldn't go over so well.

"Then I got that chance. One of my good friends saved me. And I never got to thank her, so, thank you, Rain." He smiled at her from the stage. "But the one I was so worried about? She's the one that brought me back to life. She saved me from dying, and from never getting to reveal my true feelings."

His eyes found me in the crowd, and he focused them on me. It was like we were the only two people in the room.

"Pastor Brett asked me to come up here and tell my story, and that's what I'm trying to do. But I can't finish that story without telling that girl how I feel. So, Jordyn...I just want you to know how much I care about you, and that I'm so glad you saved me, so that I'd be able to tell you this. I have a major crush on you and I, uh, can't seem to get a handle on it."

He was blushing, and in a strange turn of events, now I was the one who couldn't breathe.

- - -
A/N: YEEEEE JADAM!!! 😍 I love them so much. What did you think of his confession? Were you expecting him to do that? Let me know what you thought of the chapter, and what you think of Jadam!