10

•Hunter's POV•

"In room 23, we'll have Kallen, Alex, Hunter, Blake, Lincoln, and Adam," announced the youth pastor.

Whew! I was so worried they wouldn't put me in a room with Alex. Then I'd be completely lost in a room full of strangers. Thank goodness my best friend was here.

I rolled my suitcase into the dorm room and looked around. It was pretty small. Just three bunk beds and a bathroom. There were two showers, and then a wall that separated them from the toilet and sink.

"Let's take this one," Alex said, dumping his duffel bag on the bottom bunk of one of the beds.

"Okay." I threw my suitcase on top, and reached for the ladder. Except...there was no ladder. How the heck was I supposed to get up?

Finally, I managed to climb on the bed frame and shimmy my way onto the mattress above. Gosh, why did Alex have to take the bottom?

Soon, the other guys had claimed bunks and thrown their bags and suitcases about. Seriously, what guy actually unpacked his things and folded them in a drawer?

"Well, I'm Blake," someone said awkwardly. He was tall, with dark hair and blue eyes.

"I'm Lincoln," the guy standing next to him said. He was definitely blessed with the clear-skin gene, and he seemed nice.

The other guys, Kallen and Adam, introduced themselves, and then Alex and I did too. I could've sworn Kallen looked familiar, but I couldn't remember where I'd seen him...

"We're new here," I said, about me and Alex. "Do you know what's next on the schedule?"

"Yeah, next is dinner, and then the session. The first night is mainly introductions, but we also do the worship and message. So it's longer than the other sessions," Blake explained.

"Ah. Cool," I said. "What time is dinner?"

"5:30. So we have about fifteen minutes," Lincoln replied.

"Okay. Does anyone need to take a shower? Cuz I was gonna take one."

"It's all yours."

I nodded and picked out some clothes, then brought them to the bathroom with me. The shower was tiny and had an ugly green curtain on a grimy old rod. Shouldn't they clean this place before letting new campers in? Sheesh.

Nevertheless, I took a hot shower, and rinsed off all the dirt and exhaustion. Even though it was a small shower with little space, it felt great.