47

•Adam's POV•

My friends brought me back to my room and I took a quick shower before we had to leave for dinner.

I couldn't believe Jordyn's bravery. She'd saved me from dying! And so had Rain. I couldn't thank them enough for what they'd done.

I have to admit, the last thing on my mind as I slipped into unconsciousness was that I'd never get to tell Jordyn I liked her. I knew now more than ever that I had to get a move on and tell her! Because what if I had died this afternoon? She would never have known.

"Thank you, God, for saving me today," I prayed as the water sprayed down on me. "I'm so lucky to be alive. This would be a good place to die, with all my friends around, but I'm glad I didn't because now I have more time to bring glory to you. I know that, because you saved me, you have amazing plans for me. Thank you for that assurance. Help me not to take for granted all that you have given me. It's a good life, God. Thank you for everything you've blessed me with. Give me the courage to talk to Jordyn and tell her how I feel. I don't want to die without her ever knowing. I know that could've happened today, and I'm so thankful it didn't. Thank you for giving me a second chance. Help me not to screw it up."

I was interrupted by a knock at the door. "Adam, you almost done?" It was Lincoln. "Dinner's in five!"

"Okay, coming!" I yelled back. Then, to God, "Well, gotta go. Thanks again for everything. Amen." I turned off the shower and hurried to dry off and get dressed.

When we got to the cafeteria, everyone was abuzz with chatter. "What's everybody talking about?" I asked Blake.

"You," he answered simply.

"Me? Why me?"

"Word got out about you being rescued today," he explained. "Nobody can believe it."

"Wow. Never thought I'd be the center of attention."

Back in my middle school days, I was kind of a loser. Nobody really talked to me, except my closest friends. I wasn't the most attractive guy on the planet, either.

But then puberty "hit me like a truck," as they say, and I got a lot more confidence. When I came to camp for the first time three years ago, I made tons of friends and finally started to fit in with my peers-in a good way. My first time here is when I got saved.

I never wanted to take for granted the friends I had, or my faith. Because before all that, I had no confidence whatsoever and never thought anyone would pay attention to little old me. But now I was all anyone was talking about! It was kind of weird, actually, to hear my name whispered through the crowd. It's like I was famous or something.

When dinner was over, Pastor Brett came up to me. "Hey, can I talk to you?" he asked.

It was almost time for session, but I said sure.

"I think it would be really cool if you shared your story tonight at session. I heard what happened to you today. Very impressive. God is good, isn't he?"

"He is," I agreed. "And I would love to share my story. Thanks for asking."

"No problem, Adam. Thanks for agreeing," Pastor Brett said with a laugh. "You can go up right before the message, okay?"

"Okay, sounds good."

He patted me on the back and slipped away to get ready for session.

I went to find my friends, but it seemed they'd all went ahead to the chapel. All except one, that is.