69

•Kaila's POV•

Sure enough, it was Rosie.

"Hey! Um...can I talk to you?" I asked.

I thought she would be mad, but she seemed fine. "Sure."

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the way I treated you the other day. I shouldn't have snapped at you. I don't know what came over me-"

"It's okay," she interrupted. "I understand."

"You do?"

"Yeah. Hunter's pretty great. Anyone would be jealous of a girl trying to steal him away. Which I wasn't trying to do, by the way. I didn't know you liked him at first."

"I know. Which is why I'm so ashamed of what I did. You didn't even know we liked each other. And Hunter told me everything-"

"Everything?"

"Well, maybe not. I don't know. But I know that you guys are friends, and I don't want to get in the way of that."

"Really? Wow, that means a lot."

"I mean it. We're all friends here. I shouldn't try to stop you from talking to him."

"Thanks, Kaila." She smiled at me, a genuine smile.

I smiled back. "You're welcome. I'd really like it if we could be friends. I know it's the last full day and all, but it's never too late to make a new friend. So...?"

"I'd like that."

"Me too." And just because I was in a good mood, I reached out and gave her a hug. To my surprise, she hugged me back.

It felt good to do the right thing.

- - -
A/N: I like this chapter. 😊 Sorry it's short. This just needed to happen.