4

•Kaila's POV•

~Last night~

"Amber, you won't believe it! I found a church camp!"

I was talking on the phone with my best friend Amber, just catching up before I headed off to bed. Tomorrow I would be going to Encounter Camp.

"Which one is it?" Amber asked.

"Encounter. It's here in Chicago, at some place called Lake Tishomingo."

"Oh my goodness!!" Amber squealed into the phone.

"What?!" I shouted back.

"You won't believe it!"

"Tell me!!"

"I'm going to that camp too!"

"WHAT?! How?!"

"Well, Fusion bumped up its price to $300 and my parents thought that was a little too pricey. But I still wanted to go to a camp, and since Illinois isn't too far from Wisconsin..."

I didn't even need to hear the rest. This was too good to be true! My best friend-the one I hadn't seen in a whole year-was coming to camp with me! This could definitely be one of the greatest weeks of my life!

~Monday~

"You excited?" Kallen asked as we drove to the church where everyone was meeting to go to Encounter.

"Definitely! And guess what?"

"What?"

"Amber is coming!"

"Amber?"

"My best friend," I reminded him. "The one from Fusion?"

"Oh, right! That's awesome, Kaila!"

"I know right?! I'm so excited to see her!" I was practically bouncing up and down in my seat.

As soon as we got to the church, I jumped out of the car and ran to Amber. I spotted her from across the parking lot and ran to give her a hug.

"Eeeeeee!" we both squealed.

I still couldn't believe this was happening. It was time for one great adventure!

- - -
A/N: So tbh this probably won't have very many chapters from Lincoln's POV. Hope you don't mind. Most will be from Kaila or Hunter's. With occasional ones from Rain, of course. Okay, that's all. Hope you enjoyed the chapter, byeeee!