79

•Kaila's POV•

I was about to get on the bus, when Hunter pulled me aside. "Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" he said.

I smiled immediately. "Yeah, of course."

"I, um, I have something for you." He handed me a small package.

Well. I wasn't expecting that.

I opened the tiny box and gasped when I saw what was inside. "The bracelet?"

Hunter grinned. "I saw you eyeing it the other day in the gift shop, and, well..."

"Oh, Hunter, it's so perfect! Thank you!" I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him.

"You know...camp is technically over," he said with a wink.

"Technically, we're still here."

Hunter sighed. "Oh, fine."

I gave him a smug smile, but inside I was thinking, Is he really that eager to kiss me again? The thought made me blush.

"Do you want to sit together on the ride home?" Hunter asked.

"Hmm..." I thought about it for a minute. On the one hand, I wanted to sit with Amber. But on the other hand, I really wanted to spend the last few moments of camp with Hunter.

I looked over at Amber, who was talking to Alex. Finally I said to Hunter, "I would love to."

He grinned and led me onto the bus, where we found a spot near the middle.

Pastor Brett took roll call, and then we were off...