26

A/N: Sooo for some reason Amber wasn't put on a team??? WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?! Anyways. This chapter will consist mostly of Alexamber and Jesus moments. 😊 Proceed.

- - -

•Amber's POV•

The next morning, I got up before all the other girls to have a personal devotional time. It was something I liked to do every once in awhile, and it always refreshed my spirit.

I took my Bible and a notebook and snuck outside to a wooden bench that sat a little ways from the dorms.

Then I opened up to my personal favorite, Psalms. I began to read from chapter one.

"Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delights are in the law of The Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night," I read aloud. "That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither-whatever they do prospers."

I sat there and let the words wash over me. It made me feel good to know that I was living out the scriptures by spending time with The Lord.

I thought about my friends as I read verse one, and pondered over them in my mind. I knew that each of my friends was a positive influence, and in no way harmful to my spiritual walk. They were all such blessings!

Just as I was thinking this, a familiar voice asked, "Care for some company?"

I jumped and turned to see Alex. My heart swelled at the sight of him. He was so cute... But I knew he would never take me back. He was the kind of guy that, once he got rid of something, he didn't give second chances.

Nonetheless, it was always a joy to see him, or talk to him.

"Hey, Alex. What are you doing up this early?"

"I was going on a morning jog. I wanted to get it in and take a shower before all the other guys woke up," he explained.

"Oh, I see. Did you have a good run?"

"Yeah! The campus is really nice."

I remembered thinking as much when we toured it yesterday. "Tis."

"Anyway, what are you doing up?" he asked.

"Oh, just gettin' in some scripture reading before the girls wake up."

He smiled. "That's awesome, Amber. What are you reading?"

"Oh, the best of the best! Psalms."

"That is a good one."

"I know. It's my favorite."

"Cool. Well, I'd better get inside. See you at breakfast?"

"Yeah! See you then." I smiled and waved as he jogged upstairs to his dorm room.

What a nice surprise. A chance encounter that helped me start the day off right.