76

•Rosie's POV•

My new friends invited me to sit with them at dinner as well. They wanted to go around in a circle and say what their favorite thing had been at camp.

"Our first time at the lake," said Hunter. "That was really fun."

"I liked that too," Kaila agreed.

"My favorite was going to the snack shack. Their ice cream is amaze!" Amber said. "Rosie, have you been there yet?"

"No," I replied.

She gasped. "We have to go there tonight!"

"Okay," I said, nodding excitedly. I couldn't wait!

"Ooo, I also liked being the only one to make it across the Moonwalk," Amber continued. "That was nice." She brushed off her shoulders, and we all laughed.

"My favorite memory was reuniting with Amber and Kaila that first day," said Alex.

"How bout you, Rosie?" Kaila asked.

"Probably just hanging out with you guys. It's been really fun."

"Aw, our pleasure!" Kaila said with a kind smile.

I smiled back. "Thanks for including me."

"No problem," she said.

"So, shall we go to session?" Hunter suggested. It was about time anyway.

"Yeah, let's go," said Alex.

- - -

The message was about Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt. It was kind of a long sermon, but I enjoyed it. The story was interesting, and I hadn't heard it in awhile.

It was the song they played afterwards that hit me really hard. It kinda just told the story of Jesus' death, and that was something I rarely thought about.

Come close, listen to the story
About a love
More faithful than the morning
The Father gave his only son
Just to save us

The earth was shaken in the dark
All creation felt the Father's
Broken heart
Tears were filling heaven's eyes
The day that True Love died
When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move
Came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day that True Love died

Search your heart
You know you can't deny it
Come on
Lose your life
Just so you can find it

It was that second verse that caused me to fall on my knees, sobbing. "Lose your life, just so you can find it." That meant giving up all the pain, and all the things I held close, and letting it all go to rediscover my purpose.

Right then and there, I gave my life to Jesus. I couldn't do it on my own anymore. I couldn't live this awful life and care only about myself. It was time for someone else to come in and change me.

When the song was over, I stood up and brushed the tears off my cheeks. I looked around to see if anyone was staring, but they weren't.

As we walked outside towards the snack shack, I told my friends what I had done.

"Yay!" Amber exclaimed.

"That's awesome, Rosie," said Alex.

"I'm so proud of you!" Kaila squealed, hugging me.

"Me too. Welcome to the family, Rosie," Hunter finished.

I couldn't believe my luck. I had four awesome best friends, and they actually cared about me. Adding to the fact that I'd just gotten saved, it was pretty much the best night of my life. I would never forget this day.

- - -
A/N: The song that helped Rosie make her decision is called "True Love," and it's by Phill Wickham. Just throwing that out there in case any of you wanted to buy it. It's a really good song, and I couldn't wait to use it in this story!