Epilogue

~One week later~

•Rain's POV•

Emily and I had just gotten back from a trip to the mall. She'd bought a whole outfit, from the turquoise sundress to the pink E'Squeeze Me lip gloss.

Now we were at my house, and I was helping her get ready. She was going on her first date with Blake in about two hours.

"I can't believe we're finally doing this," she said, rubbing her hands together nervously.

"I know! I'm so excited for you." I was currently curling her hair and eating grapes.

"Maybe if this works out, we can go on a double date with you and Linc sometime."

"If this works out? Girl, it's fate! Of course it'll work out. And yes, we should double date."

"I'm just so nervous. I haven't ever been on a real date," she admitted.

"Seriously?" I hadn't known Emily before working at Chick-Fil-A, but I couldn't recall a time when she'd had a boyfriend.

"I'm serious. I've just never found anyone worth my time, I guess."

"Until now," I reminded her.

"Of course."

When she was finished getting ready, I sent her back to her house, where Blake would be picking her up. "Have fun! Call me when you get home!" I yelled out the door.

"I will!" She waved as she got in her car.

Once she was halfway down the street, I went back inside to find my mom standing at the kitchen counter, the house phone in her hand. She hung up quickly.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Um..." She hesitated before telling me. "It was your father."

"Really?!" I couldn't contain my surprise.

"Yes. We...made plans. For tonight. I hope you don't mind."

"Mind? No, of course I don't mind! Mom, is this really happening?" I ran to her and hugged her, spinning around in circles.

She chuckled. "Yes, I think so. I mean, we're not officially back together, but we've had a few dates."

"Mom! How come you never told me?!"

"Well it's only been since last Thursday. The one when you were gone."

"So those...'business meetings'? Those were all just excuses for dates?"

She looked away, blushing. "Only one of them. The other one was real."

"Mom!"

"What?!"

I didn't know what to say. It was a lot to take in. But I didn't mind. This was everything I'd dreamed of since the divorce, and now it was actually happening!

"I'm happy for you, Mom." I gave her a big hug, resting my head on her shoulder.

"I'm happy, too," she said.

It appeared that both my mom and my best friend had dates now. Perhaps I should make plans with Lincoln...

"Mom, will you excuse me? I think I'm gonna call Lincoln."

"Yeah, go ahead."

I went up to my room and clicked on Lincoln's contact in my phone. His familiar voice answered right away.

"Hello, love," he said.

"Hi."

"What's up?"

"Well, my mom has a date tonight. With my dad."

"Really?! Rain, that's amazing!"

"I know! I can't believe it!"

"You're smiling, aren't you?" he asked.

"Maybe. Why?"

"I can hear it through the phone."

That just made me smile more. "What's up with you?"

"Eh, nothing much. Just playing a game."

"What game?"

"Black Ops 3."

"Ooo, can I come over?" I'd been wanting to try that one.

"Sure. Do you want to stay for dinner? My mom's making tacos."

"I would love to! My mom will be out for dinner, anyway. Oh, did you know Blake and Emily are on a date?"

"I did. Blake texted me about it."

"I'm so happy for them!!"

He chuckled over the phone. "Me too."

"Well, I'll let you go. I need to get ready anyways."

"Okay. See ya soon."

"Bye. Love you."

"Love you too."

I hung up and tossed the phone on my bed, then went to my closet. I was still in nice jeans and a blouse from my shopping trip earlier, and I didn't want to wear that to play video games. So I changed into sweatpants and a Mountain Dew T-shirt, threw my hair in a ponytail, and grabbed my phone and keys.

"See ya later, Mom! I'm going to Lincoln's."

"Okay. See you."

"Bye." I went outside to my beautiful blue Jeep, and started the drive to my boyfriend's house.

As I drove, I thought about how perfectly everything was turning out. Jordyn and Adam had made their relationship "Facebook official" last night. Blake and Emily were going on their first date. I'd been keeping in touch with Kaila and Amber. I was on the way to Lincoln's house. And probably best of all, my mom and dad were on their way to getting back together.

Could life get any better?

The end.

7 Days of Campजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें