56

•Rain's POV•

Being against my two best friends was pretty fun. Except for the fact that they totally whipped my butt.

Lincoln got a home run in the first inning, and their points just racked up from there. Mine and Blake's teams, however, only got five runs.

Lincoln came up to me, all sweaty and gross, after the game. He tried to give me a hug but I held up my hand to stop him.

"Nuh-uh. No way. You are not hugging me covered in all that tomato juice."

"What?" he whined. "Come on."

"No," I insisted. "It's gross...and PDA."

"Fine..." he sighed, looking defeated. He turned away, and I thought he was gonna go say hi to Blake or something, but he whirled around and scooped me up bridal style before I could say a word.

"Lincoln! Put me down!" I screamed. But he wouldn't. He twirled me around, and I threw my head back, laughing.

When he finally slowed to a stop and set me down, I held on to his arms to keep steady. The world seemed to be spinning.

Finally, my vision went back to normal and my heart rate did the same. "Don't ever do that again," I warned him.

"Or what?"

"Or-" I didn't really know what to say. To be honest, I kind of liked it. But I would never admit that to him.

He crossed his arms and raised his eyebrows, waiting for my response. When I didn't say anything, he laughed and pinched my cheek. "See? I knew you liked it."

"Do. Not."

"What?"

"Pinch my cheeks."

"Whatever, Rain. You know you love me." He gave me a side hug, and I took the opportunity to lick the side of his face. He let go immediately, and wiped his cheek. "Ew, Rain, that's disgusting!"

I cracked up laughing. Then I grew serious, lowered my tone, and drawled, "You know you love me."

"I'm gonna get you for that!" He reached out to grab me, but I dodged him and sprinted across the field.

"Not if you can't catch me!" I yelled back as he chased me around.

I wasn't looking where I was going, though, and tripped on the side of a kiddie pool. Then I collapsed into a pool of disgusting tomato juice. Yuck!

When Lincoln caught up, he burst out laughing. I glared at him. "Help me up, jerk."

"I can't, you smell awful," he insisted.

"Fine. I'll get up myself." As I stood up, I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the kiddie pool with me. He screamed like a girl and I laughed hysterically.

"Yo, lovebirds, it's time for lunch," called a familiar voice from the sidelines. It was Blake.

"Coming!" I yelled back. Then, to Lincoln, "Let's go, lover boy." I stood up and reached out a hand to help him up.

"Oh, I don't trust you anymore," he said playfully, and got up on his own.

"Suit yourself." I pretended to shove him back in, and he jumped away from me. I laughed and gave him a side hug, keeping my arm around his waist as we walked barefoot back to the cafeteria.

- - -
A/N: Aww Lincain. I love them so much.😍