53

•Alex's POV•

I decided to sit with some of my teammates at breakfast, even though I wanted to sit with Amber. She was with her roommates, though, and I didn't want to intrude on an all-girls table.

"Oh my gosh, Alex!" Haylie blurted out randomly.

Everyone looked at her in shock. She rarely spoke.

"Sorry, I, uh, just remembered where I know you from. You went to Fusion with my sister!"

I vaguely recognized her, but not by much. "Were you there?"

"No, not for the last couple years."

"Ah."

When we were done eating, she pulled me aside, away from the others. "Can I talk to you?"

"Um...sure?"

"Okay, do you remember my sister Rosie?" Haylie asked.

"Yeah, of course. We were pretty good friends at camp years ago."

"I thought so. Look, I don't know if you noticed, but Rosie was crying the other day. Like really hard. But she wouldn't tell me why. I was wondering if you knew."

"Hmm...no, I don't know anything. I can talk to her, though, if you want me to," I offered.

"Oh, thank you, Alex! That would be great!" She smiled widely and gave me a quick hug, catching me off guard. I didn't even have time to hug her back.

I went to go find Rosie, since we had a few minutes before game time. I had to admit, I was a little curios of why she was so upset yesterday. I hadn't heard about it til now, but it was my job to figure out what was wrong.

I just hoped she would tell me.