What's Left of the Team

Nuclear Power Plant

"Hey." Barry became in step with Joe.

"Name's Al Rothstein." Joe told him as they knelt in front of the body. "Welder here. Coworker found him this morning."

"He was strangled. By someone very strong and very large." Barry replied looking at the man's face.

"Or something?" Joe raised an eyebrow.

"This wasn't Grodd." Barry shook his head.

"So this Flash Day thing? I'm hoping you'll make an appearance." Joe said as they started to walk away.

Barry shrugged, "You and Iris need to make amends. Dakota can't stay away forever and you can't be mad at her forever."

"Will she be there?" Joe asked.

"She won't tell me." Barry replied. "She has this really big case going on right now. I haven't decided if I want to go or not."

"I heard the Mayor is trying to give you a key to the city. You love getting awards." Joe pointed out.

Barry raised an eyebrow, "All the awards from science fairs? Those I deserved."

*****

Matty kicked down the door and him and Dakota rushed in with their guns up. The two checked all the rooms, shouting clear once they were.

"Damnit. He's in the wind. Again." Kota grumbled coming out of the back room.

"Check this out." Matty called to her.

Dakota leaned over his shoulder to see Flash Day flyers all over the table and a receipt for Kohl's, "He's gonna hit the ceremony."

"You should warn the Flash." Matty said.

"No. I asked him to let me handle my own business." Dakota replied. "He has other things to worry about than a bomber." She looked down at the receipt, "Well we know what he's going to dress like."

Precinct

Dakota and Cooper walked into Singh's office and shut the door.

"Dakota, haven't seen you in a while. How's the FBI treating you?" Singh asked as he stood up.

"Good, good. Listen we need a favor." Kota murmured glancing out the main window.

"Alright I'm listening." He replied.

"We need some security. There's only going to be a couple of us there. We're on the lookout for a suspect and we believe he'll be at the ceremony. That's all I can tell you and I can have someone send out the picture." Dakota explained.

"The FBI with all their secrets. I'll have a few guys there anyway. It won't be a problem." Singh said coming around the desk.

"Thank you. Really." Kota murmured and followed him out of the office. "It means a lot."

"Joe where are we at with the case?" Singh asked.

Dakota glanced up the stairs and ran up them, skipping steps as she went. She quietly stepped into the lab where Barry was analyzing the evidence.

"Hey you." Kota smiled as she walked up to him.

Barry looked up from the computer, "Hey what are you doing here?"

"I had to talk to Singh about the ceremony tomorrow." Kota replied dragging Barry from the chair.

"Secret FBI business?" Barry assumed bringing Dakota close to her. "Does that mean you're going?"

"Yeah but don't look for me. If you're going to show up." Kota said. "You probably won't see me."

Barry kissed her and turned her towards the door, "Be careful. And go back to work. Go save some lives."