The End of the World

Dakota stood at the top of a building across from the one where Cisco and Caitlin were talking to Black Siren. She got all the people out without her noticing thanks to Cisco's horrible brilliant idea. She watched as Barry circled around the city to create the refracting field.

"Alright, Barry, Dakota time for clean up." Joe announced over the comms.

Dakota jumped from the building and let herself freefall before running down the side to reach the ground safely. Her and Barry ran all around the city taking all the Earth-2 metas to Iron Heights.

****

Back at the FBI, Dakota sat in her chair tossing a ball up and down. She finished all of her paperwork on Zoom's metahumans and was bored out of her mind. With Derek's funeral out of the way and his brother on a flight back to Afghanistan, Dakota had nothing to do.

Matty walked into her office, "Kinsley wants to see us."

They went over to his office and sat down. He handed them two envelopes. "Once Zoom is caught, you're being transferred."

"Transferred?" Dakota opened the envelope and read the orders. "Coast City."

"They're really impressed with the work you did a few weeks ago and want you and Agent Scott to run the Counterterrorism Department. You'll get a new team and specialize in bombings." Kinsley replied. "This is a good thing for you Dakota. I think Derek would want you to go."

Dakota glanced at Matty and he nodded. "As soon as Zoom is taken care of."

****

Dakota and Matty stood in the West house with the rest of the team including Dr. McGee waiting for Henry and Barry to show up. Her father and Griffin were back from Coast City and sat in the living room playing a game of cards.

"What is this?" Barry asked as him and his dad entered.

"I just figured since Henry is back for good and the city is quiet right now, we should celebrate." Iris replied. "And we never properly celebrated Ryan's coming back to life."

"I appreciate it Iris. Thank you." Henry said.

"Thank you." Ryan added as Griffin just beat him in a game of go-fish. "Awe, I had you."

Griffin laughed, "No you didn't."

They all gathered around the dining table with champagne glasses or water.

"First, a toast." Joe announced. "To family."

"To family."

"Cisco." Dakota murmured noticing his facial expression. "What is it? What did you see?"

"What do you mean "see"?" Wally asked looking at her.

"Cisco gets visions." Caitlin clarified.

"I don't understand." Cisco says quietly. "Earth-2 splitting in half. Tell me I didn't just vibe the future. Please tell me I did not just see the end of the world."

Zoom rushes into the room and wraps his arm around Henry's neck, "Our story continues, Flash."

Dakota narrows her eyes at Zoom, lightning sparkling at her fingertips and thunder crashing in the skies. Zoom disappears with Henry followed by Barry. Dakota glances down at Griffin before running out as well.

When she got there, she was too late.

Barry knelt by his dying father as Zoom stood over them and watched.