Didn't Go Too Well

"Whoa whoa whoa....slow down Iris." Barry commanded.

"Zoom. He took Linda and he's on the roof." Iris snapped.

Barry looked at the gang and disappeared out of the Cortex. Wells grabbed the speed-dampener gun and Dakota grabbed her bo staff along with it's sheath.

"Dakota....it's too dangerous." Matty insisted.

She shrugged, "I'll come back."

Wells and Dakota ran outside to see the fight not going too well.

"Do something!" Dakota smacked Harry's shoulder.

SNAP!

Dakota winced at the sound and saw that Barry had collapsed to the ground, his back broken. While Zoom was distracted Harry fired the shot. Zoom whipped around and caught the dart. But what he didn't notice was Cooper running at him full speed and Dakota didn't notice either. Until it was too late.

Cooper leaped, teeth shining in the night, but Zoom was too fast. He threw his arm out whacked Cooper twenty feet. He was dead on impact.

Dakota collapsed to her knees ready to scream as Zoom thrusted the dart into Barry's chest.

Lightning crackled in the skies as clouds swirled above them.

"We have to get Dakota out of there." Matty announced.

"You'll die too if you go out there." Cisco pointed out.

Without Kota realizing Zoom stood over her and Harry was unable to do anything since the dart would be useless. She was too lost in Cooper's motionless body just a hundred yards away.

"You...." Zoom growled and picked her up by the throat. "The speed force. It's strong in you."

The lightning continued to strike around the building as thunder clapped making Harry stare up at the sky.

"Did he just say what I think he just said?" Matty asked looking over at Cisco who didn't say anything. "And was there supposed to be a storm?"

"That's impossible." Caitlyn whispered. "And no...."

"I....don't know....what you're....talking....about...." Dakota choked out trying to pry his hand off.

Zoom ran to the roof and dangled her over the edge, "Yes you do. I can feel it. But I need your speed. I need you to get stronger. You're more powerful than I thought."

"I don't have the damn speed force!" Kota shouted trying to reach for her staff.

Zoom gave an evil chuckle, "I can see the lightning in your eyes."

He let go.

Dakota closed her eyes and waited.

Come on speed force. I don't wanna die.

With a flash of lightning Dakota was rolling on the ground, able to slow herself down enough with her speed so she wouldn't die. She lifted her head to see Zoom was gone with Barry.

She groaned and looked down at her right leg.

Broken.

Her left arm.

Broken.

Awesome.

She attempted to roll to her feet but she shouted in pain instead. Matty came rushing out the doors and helped Harry carry her into the Cortex, neither of them worrying about the fact she's a speedster.

The storm still rattled above them as they tried to save their friends' lives.

"Get her onto a bed and get her out of here. I need space to work on Barry." Caitlyn snapped.

"No!" Dakota groaned. "Barry!!!"

BOOM!

"I said get her out of here!!!!" Caitlyn shouted unzipping Barry's suit.

Cisco glanced up at the ceiling as the building shook, "Is Dakota doing that?"

Kota groaned as she was wheeled away.

The next few hours were crucial. Caitlyn and Cisco had to save Barry's life while Harry and Matty had to set Dakota's bones back into place.

****

"He lives." Cisco smiled as Barry slowly opened his eyes. "Dude you got your ass kicked."

"We weren't sure if you were gonna make it. And then Cooper-"

"Wait what?" Barry looked at Caitlyn who received a stern look from Cisco. "What happened?! Where's Dakota?!"

Cisco took a deep breath, "Cooper's dead. And Zoom dropped Dakota from the roof. She's okay....thanks to to the speed force...."

"She....she can run now." Barry murmured.

Cisco patted his leg, "Um yeah...."

Barry reached out and touched his legs, "Guys...I can't feel my legs."

In Another Room

Dakota lied on her bed with a bionic type cast on her leg and her arm. Matty sat in a chair next to the bed and just stared at her, waiting for her to wake up.

She groaned and moved her head to face Matty, "Heeeey...."

Matty scooted his chair closer, "How you feeling?"

"Like I got dropped from a building." Kota smirked and grabbed his hand.

She turned her eyes away from him and looked down at her feet in realization and horror, "Cooper's dead."