Long Talk

Dakota and Griffin arrive back at her house in Central City. She unlocks the door and opens it, "Barry! I'm home. Listen we're gonna have someone staying with us for-"

She steps into the living room to see Barry's hand on Iris's neck and she frowns, crossing her arms.

"Dakota. It's not what it looks like." Iris announces and steps away from Barry.

"Mmm. Goodbye Iris." Dakota sneers and looks back at Barry.

"Isn't that your boyfriend?" Griffin observes quietly. Kota snickers.

"Barry. Sit down. Griffin, there's a bathroom down the hall. I need a minute alone." Dakota sits on the couch and waits for Griffin to get out of earshot. Once he does, Kota punches Barry in the shoulder. "What the hell was that?"

"She was upset about something and I was just trying to comfort her. I know what it looked like Dakota and I'm sorry. Who's the boy?" Barry grabs her hand, trying to calm her down.

"Griffin Parker. His parents were killed in the bombing at Coast City. He has nowhere else to go and only trusts me." Dakota replies and Griffin comes back. "Griffin, this is Barry Allen. He works at the police department as a CSI." Griffin waves.

Barry stands up, "How about I make everyone some hot chocolate?"

"Thanks Barr."

Griffin sits on the couch next to Dakota. He looks at a photo on the night stand, "Who's that?"

Kota grabs the photo and hands it to him. "This is my family, Barry's, and Iris's. We took a vacation together. We were ten years old."

"Where are your parents now?" Griffin asks and watches her set the photo back on the night stand.

"They're gone. Just like yours. It was a long time ago."

****

Dakota closes the door to their bedroom and takes off her jacket, "I am exhausted. How did everything go with the Reverse Flash?"

"He's back in his own time." Barry replied.

"What?!" Kota turns on him. "Why?!"

Barry grabs her waist and pulls her very close to him, "Because Cisco would have died. Now let's just forget about it and go to sleep."

Dakota falls on the bed and lets her arms spread out, "It was a horrible few days. Coast City is a mess. The whole building was going to collapse. Our suspect, is dead. The second bomb was disguised and we got everyone out. But there were a lot of casualties."

Barry laid behind her, propped on his elbow, "How did Legend do?"

"He did great. He's the one that found Griffin actually." Dakota replied looking up at Barry. "I don't know how Coast City is going to recover."