Derek Knows the Truth

"Working." Cisco replied.

"So Caitlyn was right." Dakota said.

"Yes. All humans contain small amounts of radiation due to the use of cellphones, microwaves, etc. I believe this guy is sucking up all the radiation around him. That's why all the hospital tech stopped working at the rally." Cisco explained.

"So if we look where there's no radiation we find the guy." Kota added.

Iris and Joe shifted uncomfortably and Dakota just rolled her eyes.

"Look I don't want you guys here right now." Barry grumbled.

"Tough. You need your partners. You need your friends." Joe snapped.

"I have Dakota. I'm okay." Barry murmured.

Dakota's phone rang and she picked it up, "Yeah?"

"You have to come in for psych eval." Derek said.

"Why now?!" Kota groaned. "I'm busy Derek. Can't the psych eval wait?"

Iris looked at Barry for an explanation but he just shrugged.

"No. You know how Kinsley gets. Every time you shoot someone it has to be justified." Derek explained.

Dakota turned away from the group, "Of course it was justified. The guy was gonna blow up the damn rally."

Barry's eyes widened as Dakota hung up the phone and turned back around.

"It was a bomber?!" Barry asked. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Confidential." Kota replied. "Sorry about that. I had it handled."

She grabbed her jacket and left the Cortex with Cooper at her heels.

FBI Building

Dakota closed the door to Derek's office and sat down in front of him, "I had the order to fire if necessary. The subject escalated. I fired and Matty secured the detonator."

"We're not going to talk about that." Derek slid a photo of Eddie and a knife across the table. "Let's talk about this."

Dakota gulped nervously, "Who told you?"

"Barry. He's worried about you. He told me what happened last night." Derek said gently. "Told me everything."

"I had no choice. It was the only way. To save Barry. To save the city." Dakota murmured staring at the picture.

"Do you ever want to touch a knife again?" Derek asked and Kota shrugged. "Try."

Dakota slowly began reaching her hand out and carefully extended a finger towards the blade. She touched it softly and held there for a few seconds waiting for the flashbacks.

Soon enough they came and she jerked her finger back, "I can't. I can't do this."

She left Derek's office to find Matty and a murder case to solve.

An hour later Dakota and Matty were in the interrogation room talking to a possible suspect.

"You can hide from us." Kota said. "You can't run. I promise you this, we will find evidence and you'll be in jail for the rest of your life."

The suspect's name was John Lacens. He killed his wife in cold blood. All of the evidence pointed to him but it was circumstantial. Dakota and Matty needed to find something to incriminate him and fast.

Dakota got a phone call from Cisco, "Yeah Cisco."

"You better get here." He replied glancing around the Cortex.

"I'm in the middle of an interrogation." Dakota snapped looking at Matty.

"It's Barry."