Central City Hospital

Dakota sprinted into the hospital and slid in front of the main desk, "Hi, I'm looking for Lily Jackson's room."

Marcus Reeds came from his spot by the elevators, "I'm Dr. Reeds. I can take you there."

"What happened?" Kota asked.

"As I said she was in a car accident. Her foster parents were on their way to drop her off at the precinct to come see you. She heard that you and your partner were working with the CCPD." The doctor explained. "They were hit by a semi. The foster parents are dead."

He stopped in front of Lily's room and let Dakota go in, "Will she be okay?"

"She'll be okay but she'll be in here for a while." The doctor replied.

Dakota sat down and grabbed Lily's hand, "Lily....it's me....it's Kota...."

Lily groaned and turned her head to face her, "Heeeeeey....I missed you...."

"Missed you too sweetheart. How are you feeling?" Dakota smiled realizing she was going to be okay.

"I feel like I got hit by a bus." Lily smirked.

A resident burst into the room, "A semi actually. Four broken ribs. A splenectomy. Collapsed lung and-"

"Okay. Shut up." Dakota snapped. "Get out. Now."

"But I need to do a check up." The resident replied.

"Fine." Dakota's phone rang to see it was Barry. "Hey you."

"Hey so I'm going undercover." Barry announced.

"Why?" Kota put the phone to her chest. "It's Barry."

"Snart needs my help but won't admit it. So I'm going in." Barry explained.

"I should be the one going in." Kota replied. "I'm a better liar than you."

"No you're a cop. Snart's dad can sniff it off of people." Barry looked in the mirror at his new undercover outfit.

"Agent." Kota corrected. "Fine. Be careful. If you die-"

"You'll kill me. I know. I'll see you soon." Barry hung up the phone.

"Barry's going undercover." Dakota told Lily. "He's helping Leonard Snart."

"Captain Cold? Why?!" Lily asked as the resident moved the bed so she was in a sitting position.

Kota shrugged, "Honestly I don't know."

"So what's new on the Barry front?" Lily waved her eyebrows in high spirits.

"We're engaged." Dakota announced.

The resident smiled, "Congratulations."

"Who knew the great Dakota Miller could find happiness?" Lily joked whacking her shoulder.

"Haha very funny." Dakota narrowed her eyes when Matty walked in. "What are you doing here?"

"I...uh...tracked your phone. Since you ran off without telling me where you're going." Matty replied. "How you feeling Lily?"

"I'll be okay." She smiled. "Thanks Matty."

"Sorry, I had to see it for myself." Kota patted Lily's arm and leaned back in her chair. "There's so much I need to catch you up on."

Lily paused for a moment and looked at Dakota sadly, "What happens now? My foster parents....they're dead aren't they?"

Dakota nodded and pulled glanced at her monitors, "I'm sorry sweetheart."

"Who am I going to live with now? Once I'm discharged." Her eyes were glistening and Kota could tell she was sleepy.

Matty gazed down at Dakota and gave her the look that said 'well'.

Dakota smiled and grasped Lily's hand, "Me. I'll take care of you. I promise."