Syria

Dakota laid in the cover of some bushes with a gilly suit on and only the barrel of her rifle sticking out, just barely. Next to her, was a spotter from the Marines, one of the best.

"I can't believe I'm spotting for a FBI agent." He grumbles. "You better be damn good."

She glances over at him, "I am."

"They barely told me anything about this op. I'm assuming you know more than I do." He says, keeping his voice down.

"The man we're rescuing is Special Agent Ryan Miller. He's my father. Thought he was dead until recently when a friend of mine at the bureau was killed. Turns out, he was looking for my father. He knew something was up." Dakota explained to him.

"Was your friend killed for-"

"No. There's a monster trying to take over my city and he was killed in the fight. A lot of good people were." Dakota mumbled.

"Tough luck."

"We're in." Matty says on the comms.

Suddenly shots were fired and the team ducked for cover.

Dakota swivels her rifles around the compound and finds another sniper almost a mile out, "Check that out. We have a bogie."

"You are clear to fire." The Marine focuses in on his scope.

"Take the shot Dakota! We're pinned down!" Matty shouts.

Kota takes a breath and squeezes the trigger. The shots stopped and the team was free to continue down the hall.

"Wow, you are good." The spotter compliments her.

"What's your name, Marine?"

"Smith, Cooper Smith."

Dakota frowns, "I had a dog named Cooper once."

"Sir, my name is Special Agent Matthew Scott. I work with your daughter." Matty says as he unlocks his chains. "We're gonna get you out of here, I promise."

"Where is she? Is she okay?" Dakota hears her father ask.

"She's fine. She's on overwatch and can hear everything we're saying." Matty replied and broke the chains off of him.

"That's my girl."

****

Dakota, her father, and Matty walked into the Cortex and nobody was there.

"Where is everybody?" Matty asked.

"The basement? By the speed cannon maybe." Dakota suggests and they walk down there. She sees her friends and Griffin (who was supposed to be at a friend's) gathered on the platform; Barry nowhere in sight. "Hey guys don't look so sad. My dad's alive!" Griffin walks up to her, tears in his eyes. "What's wrong buddy? Where's Barry?"

Dakota squats down and he just wraps his arms around her neck and cries into her jacket. She looks at Joe and he just looks away. Iris doesn't bother to look at her and Henry was speechless.

"Cisco?" Kota stands up, letting go of Griffin. She walks closer to her friend and he steps away from her, tears in his eyes too.

"We tried to give Barry back his powers....I'm so sorry." Cisco murmurs and glances down at a tattered red lump on the ground by the machine.

Dakota walks over and sees that it's Barry's suit, torn to shreds. She doesn't say anything but only falls to the ground. Kota grabs his torn suit and holds it close to her chest. Thunder crashes above their heads as Dakota grieves for Barry.