Mission or Death Sentence

At STAR Labs Barry called Dakota to give her an update, "Hey you..."

"Hey Barry...listen I can't talk long. Matty and I are at the base getting ready for whatever is I'm doing." Dakota placed her favorite hat on her head and let her sunglasses rest on top.

"Stein is up and moving. We're going to talk to the candidates in a few minutes." Barry replied quickly.

"That's good. Look I gotta go. I'm sorry." Kota hung up the phone and put in a pocket on the vest.

"You will know the target once you're on sight." Eiling ordered walking up to the pair. "It's a need to know basis."

Dakota narrowed her eyes, "Fine."

On Sight

Dakota laid on a rooftop next to Matty where you could see for miles. She peered through the scope and noticed a few soldiers on a roof across the road.

"2 miles per hour wind coming from the west." Matty lied next to her peering through his spotting scope. "Nothing on sight."

Suddenly Eiling spoke into her comms, "Your 10 o'clock."

Kota followed his directions and saw a twelve year old little boy carrying a suitcase, "He's just a kid."

"A kid that can make thousands of people die. He's carrying a deadly virus that can exterminate this whole city." Eiling commanded his voice growing loud.

Dakota hesitated before pulling the trigger. The boy fell to the ground, dropping the suitcase. Soldiers moved in snatching up the case and disappearing into the night.

Mercury Labs

"I called you Detective because I always appreciated your discretion." Dr. McGee was saying to Joe and Patty.

"Do you know what was stolen?" Joe asked.

"It's not what was stolen, it was who stole it. The man that I saw was Harrison Wells." McGee murmured looking between the two.

"He's dead." Joe argued.

"I know what I saw." She told him before walking away.

"We need to call Barry." Patty suggested looking at Joe.

"No. We do not tell Barry. Wells is the man that murdered his mother and we especially don't tell Dakota either. He's the one that ordered the hit on her parents."

Precinct

After having a weird conversation with Patty, Barry headed downstairs to find Joe.

"Hey, did you need something?" Joe asked looking up from a file.

"No, it's just Patty said you didn't want me on a case that she's on with you." Barry murmured.

"I'm just running down a lead. I'll let you know. Hey what's with you and my partner anyway?" Joe asked smirking.

"What? No it's not like that." Barry replied quickly.

"You sure? But it looks like something." Joe argued nudging his shoulder.

"It's not. Besides Dakota and I are engaged. It's real." Barry smiled, his cheeks flooding with heat.

STAR Labs

Dakota walked into the Cortex seeing the kid Barry texted her about, Jefferson Jackson. Professor Stein limped out of the med bay with the help of Barry and Caitlyn.

"Oh good you finally came around." Kota smiled looking at him but he just shrugged.

"Are you okay?" Barry asked. "I know you said the mission was over but you've been gone all day."

Dakota shook her head, "Later."

"He's going into rapid oxidation." Caitlyn said from the med bay.

"I'll do it. I'll merge with him."