Can't See

Precinct

Barry and Dakota were in his lab just talking while Matty was running down a lead on a case strictly for the FBI.

"What do you say to dinner? We haven't had a real date in a while." Barry suggested standing up to get inches from her face.

Kota smirked and put her arms around his neck, letting him pull her close. "Well I say yes to that. And maybe after dinner we could..."

Barry grinned and kissed her, "Mmm....I like the sound of that...."

Dakota ran her fingers through his hair, rubbing the back of his neck. He smiled into the kiss, his fingers carefully slipping inside the shirt.

Kota gasped slightly, "Your fingers are cold."

Barry chuckled and pulled his head away, "We cannot have sex in my lab."

Kota frowned, "This used to be our lab."

"Captain will kill me." Barry pointed out his hands still resting on her waist. He leaned in for another kiss but his phone rang. "What, Cisco?!"

"Jeez dude chill. The silent alarm just went off at the Bank of Central City." Cisco replied.

"Gotta be Doctor Light." Dakota said as he put it on speaker.

"Could be a trap." Wells announced himself over the phone.

"Barry, trust me, Doctor Light is not a killer." Jay added. "You can talk to her."

Barry dropped Dakota off at the Cortex before running to bank.

Minutes later Barry announced into the comms, "I can't see. Guys I can't see."

****

"How long is this gonna last?" Barry asked as Caitlyn checked his eyes.

"You're suffering from solar retinopathy. Your retinas are severely damaged. You're lucky you're not permanently blind." Caitlyn scolded. "But with you're rapid healing capabilities your sight should return soon."

"How long?" Kota asked.

"6.25 hours by my estimation." Caitlyn replied.

Dakota frowned and crossed her arms.

"You're mad." Barry said trying to look at her.

"It was supposed to be date night." Dakota grumbled.

"You could've went on your date if you'd stop chitchatting and actually stop her." Wells snapped.

"She caught Barry off guard." Jay defended.

"Always an excuse with you, right?" Wells raised his brow.

"It was Linda!" Barry cut in.

"The girl that flirted with you in the bar?" Dakota narrowed her eyes. "That's why Zoom sent her because he knew you'd hesitate which means he would have somehow known that she flirted with you."

"Doctor Light must have not known she had a doppelgänger." Barry suggested standing up. "I have to warn her."

Dakota grabbed his arm, "You're not going anywhere. You are blind."

"I'll go." Jay piped up.

"I'll come too." Caitlyn added.

Dakota linked her fingers with Barry's, "Come on. Let's get you home."

"Hey, Barry. I came as soon as I heard...you look just like him..." Iris walked into the Cortex, staring at Harrison.

"I'm assuming my counterpart did something to offend her as well?" Wells turned to Cisco.

"Her fiancé died because of me because of him." Dakota told Harry.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Iris asked Barry.

"I'll be fine. My sight should return in 6 hours...ish." Barry replied whipping his head around.

Dakota chuckled, "Come on. Let's go home."

Barry's Apartment

Barry sat on the couch as Dakota went over to the fridge to get some food.

"We need to go to the store." She called from the fridge. "We're out of Nesquick and cheese."

Barry smiled as he stared off into the distance, still not able to see. "Noted. Come here." Dakota shut the fridge and settled on Barry's lap. "I'm really sorry that we had to skip out on dinner."

Dakota shifted her body so she was straddling his hips. She grabbed his hands and rested them on the sides of her face.

He smiled and rubs her cheekbones with his thumbs, "You're so beautiful."

"You can't even see me." Dakota chuckled and placed her hands over his.

"It doesn't matter." Barry murmured and paused for a moment. "I was so scared....when you jumped on that bomb....I thought I was gonna lose you forever...."

"Barry, I promise you....I'm not going anywhere...."