Shrimp and Convo

Dakota and Matty get out of the taxi they took to the crime scene. They stepped up to the tape but a cop stopped them.

Dakota frowned and showed him his badge, "We're FBI."

He turns over to the cops standing over the body and waves him over, "Steve."

"Yeah Duke?" He walks over and looks at Dakota and Matty.

"These two are FBI." Duke replies pointing at them.

"We're from Central City. Followed our guy all the way to here. Governor said we could find him here. I imagine he's the dead guy; which is disappointing. Anyway, we're here to assist with the investigation." Dakota showed him his badge.

"Uh no thanks. We don't need any help." Steve walks away.

Dakota and Matty duck under the tape.

"Hey!" Dakota snaps. "I didn't catch your name."

"Lieutenant Commander Steve McGarrett of Five-O." He crosses his arms.

"Well, Commander." Kota sneers. "Your victim was our informant. So we can either assist you or I can call the Governor and take over the investigation."

He sighs in annoyance, "Fine." Steve leads them over to the body. "Who are you?"

"Dakota Miller."

"Matthew Scott. But you can call me Matty."

"Can you tell us what you know about him? Detective Danny Williams by the way." He waves.

"Rico Ramirez. A high power figure in a drug cartel back home. The cartel killed his daughter that's when he became an informant for us. He came to us a couple days ago saying he was blown. We promised protective custody but he didn't listen. And now he's here." Matty explained looking at his body.

"The question is...who killed Rico?" Dakota looks at Steve's team.

"This was a proffesional hit. No defensive wounds. He didn't see this coming." Danny says covering the body.

"Okay, Chin and Kono go with Max back to the morgue." Steve orders and turns to Dakota and Matty. "Do you guys want to go for lunch? We know a great food truck."

Dakota looks at Matty and shrugs, "Sure."

****

The four of them sat at a picnic table with plates of shrimp in front of them.

"So, what's Central City like?" Steve asks plopping a shrimp in his mouth.

Kota smirks, "Uh...well...over a year ago the particle accelerator exploded infecting people all over the city giving them powers. We call them metahumans. So it's....interesting."

"Seriously?" Steve raises his brow.

Matty nods, "It's pretty crazy but we have people that handle it. Not really our problem unless the case goes federal."

"That sounds like your kind of place Steve." Danny points out and Dakota giggles.

Steve narrows his eyes at him, "Really? In front of our guests."

Danny looks to Dakota and Matty, "He likes to get shot at. He's a bullet magnet."

Matty points his thumb at Kota, "So is she."

"What?!" Dakota shoves him. "I am not!"

"You were shot twice when that rogue CIA agent attacked us, stabbed when Wells was attacking Eddie and Iris, let's not forget about your uncle, oh and you jumped on top of that bomb-"

"Wait. You jumped on a bomb?!" Danny says almost choking on his drink. "Are you crazy? Is something wrong in your head?"

"It was a concussive bomb. No shrapnel so I didn't die." Dakota corrected.

"Yes you did."

"Okay, technically I was dead for a few minutes but I saved everyone else from certain death."