Dopplegänger Slick

STAR Labs

"The metahuman left this at the crime scene." Dakota walked in holding the tube full of sand. "Sorry I'm late."

"It's not sand. It's human cells whose myosin II protein have migrated to the cell's periphery." Jay clarified for the team. "Those cells have the ability to rearrange and harden, giving them the appearance of sand."

"And how do you know this?" Kota snapped.

"They belong to a metahuman I've fought before, named Sand Demon." Jay replied.

Cisco frowned, "I know you're new here so I'll just break it down for you. The whole naming bad guys thing is my jam. But you know what I actually like that one so I'm gonna let you have that one."

Dakota smirked and tried to hide her laughter, "Is that Barry's sweatshirt?"

"Um....yeah....it's all we could find." Caitlyn replied.

"So who's this Sand Demon?" Barry leaned against the desk next to Dakota who was eyeing Jay wearily.

"I don't know his name but I know how to stop him." Jay said.

"I think we'll be fine on our own." Barry's eyes narrowed.

"Look, Barry, I don't know what else I can do to prove I'm on your side." Jay insisted. "I've been poked. Prodded. I even subjected myself to a full body scan. Sand Demon is from my world. Let me teach you how to stop him."

"I don't need you to teach me anything, Jay." This time Kota stuck a hand on Barry's arm to keep him calm.

"Zoom sent Rothstein here to kill you. Sand Demon must be here to do the same thing. Don't you get it? Anyone close to the Flash, all of you are in danger." Jay explained trying to get them to understand.

"I've killed a speedster before. What's one more?" Dakota glared at him but what she said made everyone nervous. "Well come on then. Let's get Jay back to his cell."

Dakota walked next to Jay as they headed silently to the accelerator.

"Um....if you don't mind me asking but-"

"You're wondering how I killed the speedster. I do mind but since you followed us around for six months I might as well tell you." Dakota looked at him with her hands in her pockets and Cooper at her side. "The Reverse Flash had an ancestor. Detective Eddie Thawne. The only way to stop the Reverse Flash was to kill Eddie. So that's what I did."

"I noticed you went to his grave. A lot.  After you got back from that other city." Jay pointed out as they got closer to the accelerator. "Had a lot of arguments with Iris."

"Alright that's enough." Kota snapped. "What I did, took a toll on everyone. You better come up with something to make me like you. Barry, you don't have to worry about. Me however, you do. Because if you double cross us I won't hesitate to shoot you."

Dakota shoved him in the cell and shut the door before leaving to head to the Cortex, "He's very nosey. I don't like him."

Barry wrapped his arm around her, "Good."

Dakota looked up at him, "We need to bring Matty in."

Barry stepped away, "Why? The more people we tell the more they're in danger!"

"Matty can handle himself. If need be I can protect him. Look, Barry, we're gonna need him. He already knows I work with the Flash. He can help with strategy and we both can teach you how to fight better." Dakota crossed her arms narrowing her eyes.

"I'm not gonna win this argument am I?" Barry raised an eyebrow.

She smiled and pulled out her phone, "Nope. I'll see you later."

Precinct

Dakota stood in the interrogation room in front of Eddie Slick while Matty was packing his tactical bag for the lab and Barry and Patty sat in the viewing room.

Dakota tossed a photo on the desk, "What's it look like?"

"A fire." He slumped in the chair.

"There ya go." Kota sat across from him. "It's the fire you started in the third ward last night."

"I didn't start no fire last night." He snapped looking up at her.

"Were you out of town last night? Your cat get sick?" Kota showed him her lower lip pretending to pout. "Let me guess....you don't start fires anymore. You've been rehabilitated."

"Yeah. So what?" Eddie raised an eyebrow. "I didn't do this one. I always start a fire with something that's hard to trace. Like acetone or something."

"Guess you don't need accelerants anymore." Dakota stood up and rested her arms in the desk. "Where were you in December 2013?"

"Why?" He asked.

She slammed her fist on the desk, "Answer the damn question! Where were you?!"

"Blackgate Penitentiary." He replied. "You don't believe me. Check your records."

"So Joe told me what you did. I'm impressed." Barry began looking at Patty as they watched Dakota.

Patty chuckles slightly, "All I did was run the print from the pipe and track him down from there. That's all."

"How's it going with Joe? Any luck cracking his no-code?" Barry asked her. 

"Are you kidding? He's like the permission Sphinx." Patty scoffed.

Matty walked in and dropped his bag by the door, "You know she can hear you right?"

Patty covered her mouth, "Oops."