That's Not a Surprise

A couple hours later, Dakota sat in the med bay with Barry standing over her.

"You got yourself shot. That shouldn't have happened." Barry pointed out glancing at her bullet wound.

"If she had known that I was a speedster, she would have put me in a cell too. I had to be there in case something worse happened." Dakota argued, glaring at Barry.

"No, you chose not to use your powers and it could've gotten you killed." Barry snapped. "What do you think it would do to Griffin, to me, if you died?!"

"I told you I'm not ready!" Dakota grabbed her new clean shirt and took off the torn one.

"Then why don't I believe you?!" Barry raised his voice in anger.

Dakota puts on her new shirt and faces him, "I killed Eddie! I killed one of the best people on this planet and it's tearing me up inside!!! I gave up the hood for him and when I found out about the speed force in my system, I panicked. I thought that if I went back out there, I would be doing more harm than good. That I would go back to my old self. I am not ready Barry and you're going to have to accept that."

In the Cortex, Cisco dumped glass into a garbage bin, "Caitlin I know she was your friend and all, but homegirl has gone cuckoo bird."

"Now she's out there with more V-9." Dakota adds as her and Barry leave the med bay.

"What she doesn't know, is that I put a micro tracker in the drug." Caitlin says as she cleans up Joe's cut.

"That's a brilliant idea." Joe compliments.

Cisco walks over to the computer desk and starts typing away, "You can run but you can't hide."

"What's her location?" Harry asks moving to stand over him.

"Central City bridge."

"Why is she running back and forth?" Caitlin watched the monitor and the tracker was moving across the bridge.

"She's creating friction, at that vibration and speed, she could destroy that whole bridge." Dakota looks over Cisco's shoulder as well. "And everyone on it."

Barry rushes out of the Cortex and to the bridge. They watch on the monitor as Barry gets everyone off the bridge right before it collapses.

"Trajectory's too far away, you won't make it to her by running across the river." Cisco announces into the comms.

"I will if I jump."

"Barry to make that jump, you'll need to go Mach 3.3 but only for a second." Harry replies.

Barry miraculously makes the jump across the bridge and the team listens in on how Barry tries to convince Eliza to stop hurting herself with the V-9. His words, however, did not work and she shot herself up a flask of V-9.

Eliza took off down the street,"The lightning, it's turning blue." She disintegrated into thin air.

****

Everyone was gathered in the Cortex including Joe and Iris.

Iris noticed how distraught Barry looked, "Barry, what is it?"

"It's just, right before Eliza evaporated, her lightning, it turned blue. I know Dakota's is blue but not from V-9." Barry replied turning to face the group.

"What if it's a side effect from V-9?" Cisco asked.

"But Jay took V-9 and his lightning didn't turn blue." Caitlin pointed out.

"How fast was he running?" Dakota looked at her.

"Not as fast as Eliza." Iris answered.

"So what if V-9 is what turns your lightning blue, with Dakota as an exception?" Barry asked the team. "That would explain why Zoom is so much faster than me."

"If that's true, that means he's sick." Cisco added.

"He's dying." Harry said in realization. "That's why he wants your speed. He's dying and needs a cure."

"Same as Jay." Dakota's eyes grew wide and her face had a look of horror on it.

"No. He died. We watched Zoom kill him right in front of us." Cisco insisted, not believing her.

"Cisco, we've seen a speedster in two places at once before." Barry agreed with Dakota.

Harry looks to Cisco, "I guess there's one way to find out."

"I guess now is good time to tell you I've been vibing Zoom and every time it's happened, I've been near that thing." Cisco looks at Jay's helmet in the glass case on the pedestal.

Dakota sighs in anger, walks over to the pedestal,  and smashes her hand through the glass case. She hands Cisco the helmet. "We need to know."

A few moments later, Cisco drops in the helmet in anguish, "Oh, no. No."

"Cisco, what did you see?" Caitlin murmurs.

He turns to face the team, "I saw Jay. He's Zoom."