Lady Speedster

Barry and his friends stood at the bar in some club in the heart of the city.

"I thought Dakota was coming tonight." Cisco said to Barry as he takes a drink from the bartender.

"A case came up and she had to work."

Across town, Dakota was in her truck with Matty in the passenger seat chasing down a suspect.

"We're losing him!" Matty shouts at Dakota.

"I'm going as fast as I can!" She bites back. "It's a truck, they don't go very fast!"

"You know what would really come in handy?!" Matty points out.

Dakota glares at him, "Not now. Here, take the wheel. I have an idea." Kota opens up her back window and climbs through so she was standing on the bed of her truck right next to her Ducati. "Now, on my mark, you're going to turn the truck around and drive in reverse!"

"Are you crazy?! This is a really bad idea." Matty replies as Dakota takes the bungee cords off her bike.

"Got anything better?! I would love to hear it!!!" Dakota clips on her helmet and opens up the gate to the back of the truck. "Now Matty!!!"

Matty flips the truck around and Dakota takes off down the street, past the truck. She chases down the vehicle and shoots out the tires. The car skids to a stop and so does she. Dakota yanks the suspect out of the car and throws him to the ground.

"FBI. Don't move."

****

"A lady speedster. It only took us two years, but we finally got one." Cisco says excitedly.

"Dude, I'm right here." Dakota frowns and crosses her arms.

"You don't use your powers, you don't count." Cisco points out and Kota nods in agreement. "A lady speedster. One question, purely scientific, was she good looking?"

Joe chuckles slightly.

"I was a little busy getting my ass handed to me, so I didn't really notice." Barry replied as Caitlin cleaned the cut on his face.

"Next time, for science." Cisco suggests.

"Yeah, next time she punches me in the face, I'll be sure to get her number." Barry pushes Caitlin's hand away.

"There you go."

"But, who is she?" Dakota asks.

"I have no idea." Barry walked out of the med bay. "She had a mask on, so we can't run her through facial recognition."

The team continued to talk until they came up with a conclusion about Eliza Harmon and Velocity-9. Caitlin and Joe left to go see her at Mercury Labs while Barry suggested he go train. Both Dakota and Harry noticed he took the V-9 with him so they followed him down to the basement.

"Whatcha doing?" Wells asked, breaking the ice.

"Training."

"Training? Don't be stupid Barry." Dakota snaps. "We know you took the V-9."

No, I haven't." Barry turns around and faces them as they enter the room where the speed cannon is. "I took it, but I haven't taken it yet."

"Good." Wells stays on the platform with Dakota.

"Tell me why I shouldn't. If the game is already rigged, if everyone else is cheating, then why shouldn't I? I want to be fast enough to stop Zoom and any other speedster that tries to hurt my friends." Barry argues holding the V-9 in his hand.

"You want to take a shortcut?" Dakota steps off the platform. "You lose a chunk of your humanity every time you compromise your values. Be better than me, Barry. Be like Jay."