Guess Who's Still Pissed

Barry blinked his eyes and turned his head towards where Dakota was sleeping. Her head was rested on her arms as she leaned over the bed by Barry's feet.

"It's okay. I got you." Joe murmured.

"Where is everyone?" Barry asked looking around.

"I figured you wouldn't want an audience when you came to." Joe replied putting his hands in his pockets.

Barry scoffs, "Yeah thanks."

"Iris is right. You can't do this alone anymore." Joe glanced down at Dakota who shifted her sleeping position. "For the last six months I've given you your space to work things out, come back to us. But today you've proven that you'd rather get yourself killed."

Barry's face hardened, "Better than getting my friends killed."

"What about her?" Joe nodded towards Dakota. "What do you think it's gonna do to her if you die? We all made decisions that day." Joe was referring to the Singularity. "We all chose to help you stop Wells...others in a more violent way but it's on all of us. So don't hog all the blame. If anything it's more her fault than your's."

"Joe..." Barry snapped causing Kota to stir in her sleep.

As Joe left the bed Dakota lifted her head and wiped the sleep from her eyes.

Barry reached out his arm, "Come here."

Dakota crawled onto the bed and snuggled into his chest, "Trust your friends. You need them."

Barry kissed the top of her head, "I know."

He paused for a moment and Kota looked up at him, "What is it?"

He smiled, "Let's get married."

Dakota grinned and kisses him, "Okay...." She looked down at her phone as it rang, "It's Matty." She put the phone to her ear. "Yeah?"

Barry watched her as she was on the phone.

Dakota hung up, "Gotta go. Found bones in the river."

Riverside

Dakota stepped out of her truck that she recently bought and fell in line with Matty. As they walked up to the shore a woman was bent over the skeleton and a man was standing over her.

"Who the hell are you? And why are you touching my bones?" Dakota demanded.

"Technically they're not your bones." The woman stood up and faced her.

"I'm Agent Seeley Booth. FBI. This is my partner Dr. Temperance Brennan with the Jeffersonian. Who are you?" Booth flashed his badge before putting it away.

"FBI. Same as you. Agent Dakota Miller and that's Agent Matthew Scott." Kota showed him her badge before putting it in her pocket. "And this is Cooper."

Booth smiled down at Coop, "We were called down because of the bones."

"Kinsley didn't tell us about this." Matty murmured to Kota.

"He never tells us anything." Dakota shrugged. "Surprised you guys wanted to come out here, given what kind of people live in this city."

"Just doing our job." Booth looked over at Bones. "So what do you got?"

She knelt in front of the body again, "Female. In her 30s."

Kota knelt next to her, "Judging by the cuts on the bones, she was probably stabbed. Once to the heart. With a military-grade knife."

"We don't know that yet." Bones corrected.

Dakota winced as she looked at the body again, "I'm good at piecing things together."

Her phone rang as she headed back to the FBI building to continue working on the case.

"Barry. I'm working." She grumbled.

"The USB. It was a video of Wells confessing. My dad's coming home."