To Watch it or To Not Watch it

Mercury Labs

Cisco leaned against the doorway, "I saw you at the rally."

"Cisco I'm not coming back." Caitlyn said.

"Well Barry doesn't want us to so...that's not the point. Look there's a guy named Al Rothstein and he worked at a nuclear power plant. This is his ID card. Can you just take a look?" Cisco asked handing her the card.

"Cisco..." Caitlyn looked at him.

"Please..." Cisco begged.

Caitlyn snatched the card from him, "Fine."

Barry's Apartment

Barry had everything set up for dinner for Dakota to cook, "Everything's ready."

Kota smiled and kissed him on the cheek, "Thanks."

She walked over to the kitchen and picked up the knife on the cutting board. She began cutting the vegetables to steam over the stove.

Images flashed before her eyes.

Her father dying.

The knife sinking into Eddie.

Dakota dropped the knife onto the ground and stood there, frozen. She kept thinking about that night. What happened. What she did.

"Dakota...what's wrong..." Barry slowly started to walk towards her.

She didn't speak just stared at the knife on the floor.

Still remembering that night of the Singularity.

"Kota..." Barry touched her shoulder and she took a step back away from him.

When she looked up at him her face was angry, sad.

Dakota grabbed her jacket and stormed out of the apartment without Cooper.

Barry called for Cooper and went after Dakota.

Dakota took off on her bike and disappeared into the city. She couldn't think. Couldn't breathe. Barry zoomed around the city looking for her but Kota was already out of the city. She parked her bike on the side of the road and got off. Kota jumped off and collapsed on the ground in tears.

Barry stopped on a side road and called Oliver, "Oliver it's Barry."

"Hey Barry what's up?" Oliver asked.

"Have you ever had an anxiety attack?" Barry asked beginning to pace back and forth.

"Um...no..." Oliver murmured. "Why?"

"I think Dakota just had one. She took off without saying anything. Normally she has bad dreams and doesn't like to talk about it but this...this was different." Barry explained.

"Just find her. Talk to her and get her to calm down." Oliver said. "I gotta go. Good luck." He hung up the phone.

Barry ran out of the city and found Dakota on the side of the road.

"Kota...watcha doing out here?" Barry knelt in front of her.

She slowly lifted her head, "I...I'm sorry I left..."

Barry put his hand on her shoulder, "Don't be...let's go home...get some sleep..."

"I...I killed Eddie...Barry...I never ever wanted to do that..." Dakota slowly stood up with the help of Barry.

"I know. It's okay. Come on." Barry took Dakota home and helped her get some sleep.

Precinct

"Mr. Allen. Ms. Miller. I'm Greg Turk. I'm an attorney." A man with a briefcase walked into the lab.

Dakota was visiting Barry at the lab for lunch.

"I don't usually make house calls but you haven't been answering my calls. As you know Wells left the both of you STAR Labs as part of his living trust. The receivership is up next week unless you watch this video." The lawyer handed Barry a USB drive.

"Do you know what's on it?" Dakota asked.

"No. I've been given strict instructions to only allow the two of you to watch it." The lawyer said.

"We're not watching that." Kota murmured.

"It's up to you." The lawyer shrugged and left the lab.

Dakota closed her box from Big Belly Burger, "I gotta head back to work. We'll talk about this later."

The computer beeped showing someone was at STAR Labs. Barry took Dakota with him and they were both shocked at who was there.

"What are you guys doing here?"