Time Travel

Outside of the Warehouse

"Barry what's going on?" Oliver asked as Dakota got back from her spot.

"Look this isn't going to make any sense but I traveled back in time from when we tried to take out Savage." Barry murmured quietly.

"WHAT?!" Dakota shouted. "Are you out of your mind?!"

Barry ignored her, "Look when we tried to stop him the first time it didn't go well. I ended up traveling back in time."

Dakota punched him in the shoulder, "Oliver can you give us a minute?"

"No. Stay." Barry argued.

"A minute!" Dakota shouted.

Oliver walked away.

Dakota turned back to Barry, "Barry....time jumping. Seriously?!"

"I'm sorry but I can't really control it." Barry stepped closer trying to win her over.

Dakota's face softened; she couldn't resist him, "We can use this to our advantage. We can figure out the mistake and fix it. Right?"

"Are you crazy?! The last time I did that-"

"The last time?!"

"When I did it the first time you were held hostage by Mark Mardon because he thought you were the vigilante and there was a tsunami about to hit the city. So when I went back it mad everything worse, we had Snart to deal with." Barry explained quickly before Dakota could punch him.

"Barry....second chances don't come around like this." Dakota reached up and pulled Barry's mask down.

His eyes were shining, "I don't want to lose you again."

"I'm not going anywhere." Dakota reached up and kissed his forehead.

****

Back at the warehouse Oliver was pressuring Cisco to fix the gauntlets while Barry and Dakota were sitting on the backyard swing.

"So I've been thinking..." Barry began. "About when I got hurt. And when you fell from STAR Labs. About your speed force."

Dakota stayed silent.

"Have you thought about using it? You could do so much good. We could be fighting together again." Barry insisted.

Dakota shook her head, "No. I won't be that kind of person anymore. Putting that suit on, that was a one time thing. You have to understand that."

Barry wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close, "Okay. I won't ask again. Hey after this is over, you wanna go to dinner?"

"Like a real date?" Dakota smiled. "Not Big Belly Burger?"

Barry smirked and nodded.

"You have a deal Mr. Allen." Dakota stood up and reached out her hand. "Come on, Cisco should be done soon."

The two of them walked in the house where everyone was.

"Okay what's the plan?" Barry asked, looking at Oliver.

Oliver explained what everyone's role was and how the plan was going to go.

"What about me?" Dakota looked at Oliver from her spot on the couch.

"Got a minute?" Oliver asked.

Dakota followed him onto the front porch, "What? Am I not going?"

"No. You'll stay and run everything with Cisco and Felicity." Oliver murmured.

"Why not?!" Dakota crossed her arms.

"I know how hard it was for you to put on that suit. You don't need to be in this. I don't want you to feel like that. Nobody does." Oliver explained quietly.

Dakota leaned against the railing and stared out at the yard. She looked back at him, "Thank you."