Goodbye

Dakota dropped her bow on the ground.

She pulled the knife out of her boot and dropped that too.

Next came the quiver of arrows.

Dakota unclipped her sword sheath and set that on the ground.

Lastly her bo staff came off her back and was dropped on the street.

"I know you've been looking for me! Well here I am!" Dakota raised her hands in the air and took a step towards Mardon. Matty and Legend weren't far behind. "I killed your brother! I put three arrows in his chest to save him!" She points to the Flash.

"I know you're after him." She continues. "But kill me instead. I'm the one you really want."

Dakota gets on her knees as Mardon forms an icicle in his hand. He reaches forward to pull down Dakota's hood.

"Barry! The bombs are gone!" Cisco said into the comms.

"Uh-oh." Jesse James murmurs.

Barry uses his speed to tie Jesse to the pole with lights and take down Mardon with the wand. He stands over Dakota and helps her up.

Barry goes back over and looks down at Mardon.

Patty's car parks ten yards from Barry. She steps out and fires the boot at Barry.

He yells in pain and stumbles over.

"This is for my father." She pulls out her gun and points it at Mardon.

"Patty stop!" Dakota shouts walking closer. She points her fingers at Barry. Matty and Legend begin working on releasing Barry from the boot. "You don't want to do this."

"Was killing my father really worth a couple hundred bucks?!" Patty continues.

"Patty listen to me. I get it. I've been exactly where you are right now. I've stood over the body that killed my parents. I've stood over the person that ordered the hit. I know how you're feeling. Pain. Anger. Sadness. Only....I pulled the trigger. Metaphorically speaking. The man that ordered the hit is dead. I killed him. I do not feel any better. You go down this road and it will do nothing for you. It will only make it worse. You'll go to prison. Please don't do this Patty. Don't become the monster I am."

Patty kicks him, "Mark Mardon you are under arrest."

****

Dakota, Barry, Matty, and Legend step through the front door of Joe's house. Dakota was carrying two bags full of her Blue Arrow gear.

"Mind if I burned some stuff in the back?" Dakota asks Joe.

"Go ahead."

"Do you need me to go with you?" Barry suggested.

"No. I need to do this on my own. One last thing. Come on Legend." Dakota cut through the kitchen and into the backyard.

She set the two bags on the ground and opened up the first one. Kota pulled out her bow and tossed it in the burn barrel. She took each weapon out one by one and put it in the barrel. Dakota pulled out the suit from the very bottom of the bag and threw it in.

Dakota held a bottle of kerosene over the barrel, "Say goodbye to the old me Legend."

She dumped the whole bottle and tossed it in with the rest of the stuff. Kota took a box of matches from her pocket and lit one. She flicked it into the barrel and watched everything she used to be, go up into flames.

Dakota stood out there staring at the fire saying her final goodbyes to the vigilante she was for so long.

Iris looked out the window, "What's she burning?"

"Her suit." Barry murmured. "She doesn't need it anymore."