Gone Too Soon

Dakota sat in a chair in Jitters tossing a tennis ball up and down. She was bored out of her mind because they couldn't make a move on Zoom and not to mention she is starving.

"How long do we have to sit here?" Dakota grumbled to Matty and Derek who were sitting across from her.

"Until we're told to do something, by you." Derek pointed out. "You and Singh are in charge."

****

Barry and Joe come through the front door of Jitters. Dakota drops her ball in surprise, both shocked to see each other.

Barry walks up to her, "What are you doing here?"

"Singh called me." Dakota replied taking her feet off of the table. "What are you doing here?"

"We have an idea on how to stop Rupture, the metahuman that's coming to attack tonight." Barry held up his tac box. "I better get to work."

****

Rupture walks into Jitters and takes a look around, "Now where has everybody gone?" The hologram of Barry speeds into the building. "Flash, not who I was expecting. You'll be a nice warm up."

Rupture attacks with his scythe but the hologram manages to dodge it all.  The hologram continues to dodge all the hits except one, allowing for opportunity. Singh and Joe tag him with tasers, knocking the scythe from his hand.

Dakota and her team fan out in the building. "You're under arrest."

Zoom rushed into the building and looks directly at her clearly not surprised she's alive, "It's too bad you'll be alive to see this."

Kota watched as Zoom killed all of the cops in the room and Rupture except for Singh, Joe, and her team. But the worst had yet to happen. She stood as Zoom grabbed Derek and she began to speed forward to try to save him. But it was too late, Zoom stabbed his arm through Derek's chest, crushing his heart. She screamed his name and before she could even go after him, Zoom was already gone.

Dakota knelt in front of Derek and held his hand. Her tears dripped onto her clothes. "Please don't go. I need you. You can't leave."

Derek places a folded up photo in her other hand, "He's alive. Find him."

His hand droops to the ground as the life is drained from his body. Dakota looks down at the picture and looks back at Barry who stood in the back in shock of all the bodies around him. The photo was of her father; she turns it over and sees a date written in Derek's hand writing: Syria November 2016