Let's Have a Chat

Hey! FBI STOP RIGHT THERE!" Kota shouts chasing after a suspect.

"FIVE-O! STOP!" Steve is right on her heels.

Dakota sees a young man getting off his sports bike, "Hey you! I need your bike!"

"What?! No!" He yells back.

Kota shows him her badge and pushes him away, "Thanks!" She speeds after the suspect on the bike until she catches up with him. Dakota grabs the collar of his shirt and drags him to the ground. She presses the break and stops the bike. Dakota gets off and points her gun at him. "FBI. Don't move."

He looks at her, "You look familiar."

She kicks him so rolls over, "Hands behind your back." Dakota cuffs him and drags him to his feet. Steve finally catches up. "About time McGarrett."

"Nice work."

****

Dakota and Steve stood in front of the suspect.

"Tell us why you ran from us." Steve demanded.

"You look like just like your father." The suspect answers looking at Dakota.

Dakota narrows her eyes, "Tell us why you ran."

He continues to ignore them, "I remember the day we grabbed him. His cover was blown and the bosses weren't happy." Dakota's hands go into fists.

"Enough!" Steve yells.

"They didn't want to kill him just yet. We tortured him to see what he knew. I will never forget his screams. His threats to kill us all."

Dakota sent a right cross to his jaw. She hit him again and again. Kota kicked at his chair and sent him flying into the wall. Dakota went to hit him again but Steve grabbed her arm and stopped her.

"Stop!" He ordered. "Take a walk!"

Dakota stormed out of the interrogation room and headed back to the rest of the team.

"Whoa, nice bruising." Kono announced looking at her hand. "What happened in there?"

Matty looks at Dakota - shaken up and furious, "Just some roughing up. Come on." He takes her into Steve's office and she sits down in a chair across from his desk. "Tell me what happened."

Kota pinched the bridge of her nose, "The suspect we interviewed was part of a cartel my dad went undercover in. He kept going on and on about how his cover was blown and they tortured him. I just lost it."

The whole team looked at Dakota and Matty talking in Steve's office.

"What do you think is going on in there?" Catherine asked.

"Dakota seems pretty shaken up about something." Kelly replied. "Something went down with our suspect."

Steve walks into his office and the team refocuses.

"Can I get a minute with her Matty?" Steve asks going to stand behind his desk.

He nods and leaves the office.

"What the hell was that?!" Steve demands crossing his arms.

Dakots sighs in sadness, "My parents were FBI."

"Were?"

"They're dead. Murdered in my house when I was eleven." Kota replied standing up. "My dad was undercover a couple years before he died in the cartel Jimenez was talking about. I know about every single one of his cases because there was a time I searched every case he worked. I wanted to find the man who killed my parents. Only someone ordered the hit. The man who killed them is in prison; the man who ordered it is dead."

"I'm sorry to hear that but you can't lose it every time someone mentions your father! You need to be objective!" Steve yells.

Dakota scoffs, "Are you serious? You're really telling me to not lose it?! To be objective? I'm not the one your team needs to worry about!"

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"I know about Wo Fat. You really thought that I didn't know about your parents?! I know your mother is alive. I know everything about you!" Dakota shouts back. "You can't tell me to be objective when it's YOU everyone should be worrying about!!"