Forward

West Residence

Dakota was wrestling with Cooper in the living room when Barry and Henry walked in. Kota tackled him in a hug.

"I missed you too Dakota." He murmured into her ear. He kissed the side of her head before both of them pulled away.

"Looking at all of you, thinking how far we've come, and remembering those who are gone makes me think of word used in Hebrew graduation. Kadima. It means forward." Stein raised his wine glass.

"Forward." Everyone said.

"Um I'd like to apologize to everyone for everything that I've done. I lied to you and I killed someone that you all cared about. And I'm gonna start by telling the truth. It might not mean anything to you now but it's a start." Dakota paused for a moment and Barry put a hand on her shoulder giving her encouragement. "Hours before the Singularity Eddie came to me in private. He asked what would happen to Wells if he had died. I told him that he'd be erased from existence. Eddie asked me to kill him....only if it was deemed necessary.   He said if I didn't he was going to kill himself. So when Wells had Barry pinned Eddie nodded to me." Dakota took a deep shakey breath and looked at everyone who stood in silence, in shock. "I didn't tell you because I wanted to protect Eddie's memory. I'd rather you hate me then remembering Eddie as a man who committed suicide."

"Kadima." Iris said.

Kota sighed in relief and repeated her, "Kadima."

STAR Labs Next Day

"Hey hey I added an upgrade to your suit. Check it out." Cisco ran over to Barry's suit and pointed out the chest. "It's the white emblem from the newspaper article that Gideon showed us. I figured we shouldn't fear the future anymore. And STAR Labs is safer than ever. Increased security and surveillance. Electronic lock sets." 

"So someone can't just waltz in here." Caitlin added.

A man stepped into the doorway of the Cortex.

Dakota drew her gun and Cooper snarled as Cisco said, "For real?"

"Who are you?" Barry demanded.

"You don't know me but I know you Barry Allen." The man replies.

"Cooper. Search." Kota pointed towards the intruder.

Cooper padded over to him and began sniffing him out. He took a step back and sat down.

"The man asked you a question. Who the hell are you?" Dakota snapped.

"My name is Jay Garrick and your world is in danger."

Author's Note: Sorry it's a short ending chapter.