Overrun City

Central City Square was a madhouse. A CCPD task force and Dakota's team were there trying to fight off the influx of metahumans. Dakota's team had set up a perimeter around the square while Dakota, Matty, and the CCPD task force took the inside.

"I've seriously had enough of this." Dakota grumbled and handed Matty her rifle.

Within a second, Dakota was in her suit and was fighting off metahumans. She created swords out of lightning, her favorite weapon of choice, and was knocking people down left and right. In the chaotic fight, more metahumans had attacked Joe's police cruiser but when they thought it was over for them, Barry had came to save the day. All the metahumans in the square had disappeared leaving an exhausted and rugged Dakota.

****

Back at STAR Labs, Dakota, Barry, Matty, and Iris were in the elevator heading back up to the Cortex.

"We normally take down these metas one at a time, not one hundred at a time." Barry pointed out as he put on his jacket.

"You don't sound worried." Iris said as the group got off the elevator.

"We can do it." Barry replied.

Cisco rushed towards them, "You have to come see this."

He led them into the Cortex to show them that Caitlin had returned.

"Caitlin?!" Barry's jaw dropped. "Is she okay?"

"She's in shock, but she'll be fine." Henry took a step back so Barry and Dakota could actually look at her.

"I'm okay." She reassured them both.

"How did you get away?" Dakota asked as Barry squatted in front of Caitlin.

"He let me go. I didn't think he would; I thought it was a trap. But, he told me you were dead Barry." Caitlin choked on her tears. "And Dakota....last I saw you, you had a hand through your torso."

"I'm not. I'm right here." Barry smiled at her.

Kota snorted, "It's going to take a lot more than Zoom to kill me."

"He's going to overrun the city. You can't stop him." Caitlin shook her head in anguish.

"Yes, we can. Listen to me, he's not going to succeed. We've got this. This is our Earth." Barry sounded unusually optimistic.

"You don't know what he's capable of." Caitlin continued.

"I know from being in the Speed Force that the universe is with us, not Zoom. And if the universe is with us, how could we possibly lose?" Barry did his best to cheer her up and that was worrying Dakota. It sounded to her like he was getting his hopes up. "Right, guys?"

"Yeah, yeah right." Jesse came up with a quick reply.

"You've been through a lot." Barry pointed out. "You should get some rest, come on."

Barry led her into the med bay as Ryan, Dakota's father entered the Cortex. "Okay, Griffin is safe in Coast City."

"Thanks for taking him Dad." Dakota hugged him.

"Coast City?" Cisco looked at them, confused.

"He's been missing some of his friends from home so I told him he could stay there for a few days, at least until Zoom is gone forever." Dakota explained to him. "He'll be safe there. Okay, did it freak anybody else out that Barry was a little-"

"Overconfident." Iris finished. "Maybe it was his time in the Speed Force. He's acting like he's invincible now."

"Somebody needs to talk to him." Wells said. "Before something happens."