For Their Own Good

Barry and Dakota stood at the pipeline entrance ready to train for this race. The door was open and they were ready to go in but Joe had walked up the ramp to talk to Barry.

"Barr. Don't race him."

"It's not that easy." Both Barry and Dakota turned to face him.

"Yes it is, just say no. We can find another way to stop him." Joe insisted.

"There is no other way Joe." Dakota snaps, crossing her arms.

"All we have to do is beat him Joe." Barry agrees. "That saves the multiverse, this whole city, all of you. I won't let another person I love die when I can prevent it."

"This isn't just about racing Zoom is it?" Joe asked walking closer. "You want to kill this guy."

Dakota makes a face that said duh.

"Of course I want to kill him, Joe." Barry shouts. "I want to do a hell of a lot more than just kill him. I want him to suffer for everything that he's done. And he's going to."

"Come on, Barr. Think about what you're saying." Joe murmurs trying to calm him down.

"I have to be willing to do whatever it takes. We have to." Barry argues glancing back at Dakota who nods in agreement. "I'm sorry, but we're racing him whether you want us to or not."

Dakota and Barry turn to go into the pipeline.

"Then I'm sorry too."

Two speed tranqs shoot into the backs of Dakota and Barry. They stumble and fall, unconscious thanks to Harry's shots.

****

Slowly, Barry and Dakota begin to wake up. They realize they're in the same cell in the pipeline.

"What are you doing?" Barry asks as they stand up. "Why did you put us in here?"

"Because you're too angry right now and she would've helped you." Joe murmured pointing at Dakota. "You can't race him like that, neither of you can. Without a plan, you'll lose."

"Keeping us in here is going to get all of you killed!" Dakota shouts, slamming her fist on the glass door. "None of you have powers and you expect to stop Zoom on your own?!"

"You race Zoom on his terms, you'll lose." Harry argues.

"This is not your decision to make!" Barry snaps.

"It is this time." Joe replies.

"No...."

"We all made it together." Joe adds.

"What?" Barry's jaw drops. "All of you?"

"Cisco?" Dakota looks at him.

"I was a good 60/40 at first." He scratches his ear is nervousness.

"Ramon."

"Allen. Miller." Wells says. "This is for your own good."

"Guys, come on. Don't do this!" Barry begs. "Iris?"

"You're going to get yourselves killed!" Dakota shouts again. "I'll expect an apology when your plan fails!!!"

As the blast door shuts both of them are shouting and slamming against the glass door to try to get it to stop but it was no use. The team had made their decision and they weren't budging.