Not Okay

After it was all over, everyone went their separate ways.

Dakota stood in her bedroom wearing black jeans and a nice shirt. Her hair was straightened and she had a nicer jacket in her arms.

Barry came in the doorway wearing a nice shirt with a tie and jeans along with a suit jacket, "You look...beautiful."

Dakota smiled, "You don't look so bad yourself."

The two of them walked to the restaurant in silence. Barry opened the door for her.

"I hope you like it. Matty said go for fancy Mexican. You're favorite." Barry said as they sat down.

"You out-did yourself this time Allen." Dakota looked down at the menu. He smirked. "You're really proud of yourself aren't you?"

"I'd like to think so, yes." Barry peeked over the menu.

"Think again Barry."

He frowned.

****

The two of them stepped back through the door of their house. Barry followed Dakota up the stairs to the doorway of her bedroom.

"That was....really nice Barry. Thank you." Dakota murmured, stepping closer.

Barry smiled, "Does this mean I get to kiss you goodnight?"

"Maaaaybe."

Barry leaned down and kissed her gently.

"Goodnight Barry."

"Goodnight Dakota."

The two parted ways into separate bedrooms for the night.

Much to Barry's dismay.

****

Dakota lied in bed, dreaming.

The night Cooper died replayed in her head.

Barry's body landed over Zoom's knee. The crack you could hear from a mile away. Cooper's body launched from the shadows and attempted to attack Zoom. It was no use. Zoom's arm stretched to the side and hit Cooper's body one hundred yards away from him. Dakota collapsed on the ground in shock.

Zoom stood over her and picked her up by the throat, "You. The speed force is strong you."

Lightning crackled in the sky.

He ran to the roof and held her over the edge.

"I don't know what you're talking about...." Dakota choked out trying to pry off his hand.

"I need you to get stronger."

Zoom let go and Dakota fell from the roof.

Barry burst through Dakota's bedroom door to see her thrashing around on the floor. He knelt by her and pinned down her shoulders.

"Dakota! Wake up! It's just a nightmare!" Barry shouted.

Dakota's eyes shot open and she flipped Barry over, pinning him to the ground. Her fist was ready to punch him in the face.

"Dakota! It's me. It's Barry." Barry held his hands up.

Her eyes softened and she got off him, "Don't you know not to wake someone up from a nightmare? I could've killed you."

"It was worth it. You seemed pretty shaken up, in your sleep." He scooted closer to her. "You wanna talk about it?"

"I dreamt about the night Cooper died. The night you were hurt. The night I fell from STAR Labs." Dakota whispered, tears streaming down her face.

"Hey hey hey....it'll be okay. We're okay." He wiped the tears with his thumbs.

Legend burst through the door and jumped into Dakota's lap. He licked the tears away from her face.

Barry smiled, "Do you want me to stay?"

Dakota looked up from Legend's face and nodded.