Troubling Times

CCPD

"The facial recognition software at STAR Labs didn't find anything either." Caitlin said looking over Barry's shoulder.

"No, but there's still more databases to check. We'll find his doppleganger." Barry reassured Caitlin.

"Thanks Barry."

He nods, "Yeah."

"Hey." Patty says as she walks into his lab. "Hi, Caitlin."

"Hi." Barry replies.

"Uh can we talk?" Patty asks.

"Uh yeah yeah for sure. Um I'll let you know what I find." Barry watches Caitlin leave.

"Thanks."

Coast City

Dakota stood in the doorway with Legend peeking out from behind her leg. The bomb squad surrounded the bomb while her team watched from afar.

"You need to clear this building. Now." Frank, the lead bomb tech, ordered.

"This building is twenty stories high. Alpha team is clearing out hostages but there isn't enough time." Dakota shook her head.

"Call your team and tell them to hurry the hell up."

Dakota dialed Matty's number.

He picked up, "Hello?"

"Matty. Where are you with the hostage rescue?" Kota asks. "Did you find Keenan?"

"Yes we did. He's dead. We found him crushed under the rubble. But we need Legend. We think there's more people down here." Matty insisted. "Please."

"Alright we're coming." Dakota hangs up. "Can you handle it up here? Legend and I are needed."

Her team nods.

"Legend. Matty needs us." Dakota says.

Legend takes off down the hallway with Dakota in the rear.

They reach Matty's location to see a pile of rubble in the middle of the hallway.

"Alright what's the situation?" Dakota looked down at the rubble.

"We keep hearing somebody crying for help. But we can't get to him." Matty replied.

"Legend. Find the person." Dakota pointed at the rubble. "Come on. Help me pick this up."

The team pulled the rubble away and Legend found a young boy coughing.

Dakota bent down next to him, "Hey kid. What's your name?"

He coughed and sat up, "Griffin Parker."

"What are you doing here? Do you know where your parents are?" Dakota asks helping him stand up.

"They were looking to buy this floor for their business. I don't know where they are." Griffin begins to cry.

Dakota wipes his tears, "Hey hey don't cry. Listen to me, we're going to find your parents. In fact, I'll send my partner after them." She looks at her dog. "Legend. Seek."

He sniffs Griffin and runs down the hall.

"Follow him." Dakota tells the team.

The team was led further down the hall and Legend stopped in front of two crumpled bodies.

Kota turns and faces Griffin, "Griffin. Listen to me. I'm going to check on your parents and I'll let you know if they're okay. Just stay with Matty."

He nods in agreement. Dakota walks over to the bodies and checks their pulses. She frowns and lowers her head. Kota walks back over to Griffin and grabs his shoulders, squatting to get to his level. "I'm so sorry Griffin. They're gone."

He bursts into tears and falls into her arms. She picks him up, "Let's go."