Boom

Dakota stood far away from the team on the old runway that Barry used to train on in a prototype suit. "Why are we out here?"

"We need to know the full potential of your abilities." Cisco said into the comms. "We need to figure out the whole lightning thing."

"So just focus and see if you can summon lightning." Barry suggest. "Worth a shot, right?"

Dakota looks up to the sky and closes her eyes. She clears her mind and focuses on her breathing.

Deep breath in.

And out.

In and out.

Thunder crashed above them and a few seconds later lightning struck all around her.

"Keep it coming!!!" Cisco encourages from the 'command post'.

Lightning snaked up Dakota's arms and she faced the group. "How's this?!"

Cisco sends a drone her way but it doesn't get very far. A lightning bolt shoots out of Dakota's hand and the drone explodes on impact. She takes another deep breath and the lightning disappears.

Kota races back to the team, "How was that?!"

"Your readings are off the charts." Harry complimented as he showed the results on a tablet. "But there seems to be no change in the atmospheric pressure."

Dakota forms a lightning bolt in her hands and holds it up for the team, "What if I'm not harnessing weather? What if, this bolt right here is the speed force? That I'm creating lightning out of thin air from the speed force?"

Harry glances at Cisco who seemed to be considering it, "That would be...incredible."

****

Barry, Dakota, Iris, and Joe stood in the Cortex watching Cisco vibe Jay's helmet. After a few moments he takes off the glasses and sets the helmet on the desk. "I wish we didn't have to keep Jay's helmet around. I just want to put a dent in it."

"Did you see Caitlin?" Iris asked.

"Zoom has her in his lair. She's scared but she's okay." Cisco replied.

"We need to get her back." Barry looked at Dakota.

"I cannot take on Zoom by myself. If we're going to get Caitlin back, we need to work on getting your speed back too. Besides, Zoom has no idea that I'm alive." Dakota argues glancing at her suit which now stood in its own area.

"She's right and that's all thanks to you Allen." Wells grumbles as he enters the Cortex.

"We're all suffering here." Joe snaps at Harry.

"You're right. We've lost Snow, you've lost your speed and now Zoom can come through the breach anytime he wants." Harry points out, stuffing more items in his bag. He looks at Dakota, "And it's all because of you."

"Me?!" Kota points to herself. "Why me?!"

"If you had left the speed force in your system, we could've stopped Zoom a long time ago. This could have been over months ago, but you decided to take the speed force out and hide it with your partner. You're nothing but a coward." Wells growls at Dakota.

Dakota pins him up against the wall, thunder crashes above them, and her eyes sparkled with so much blue it was scary. Barry grabs her shoulder and yanks her away from Harry. "She's done more for this city, for me, for this team than you can keep track of."