Dimensional Shock Therapy

Both Dakota and Barry sat in the Cortex getting their ears checked out by Caitlin.

"Why do so many villains that we go up against use sound as a weapon?" Caitlin grumbles.

"What?" Barry shouts a little.

"Nothing. You're going to be fine." Caitlin replied.

Cisco comes out of the lab as Joe goes to talk to Barry, "Dakota, I've been working on these for awhile and I think they're going to help. They're kind of like Hartley's gauntlets but they're made for you." Dakota puts them on. The cuffs went up her forearm and were metal so she could also use them to dodge bullets. "The hope is that they help you control your ability and help channel the Speed Force even better. They also shrink into bracelets so if you need them on the go. I got the idea for these in a comic book."

Dakota admires them, "They're perfect. Thank you Cisco."

"Must have been quite the conversation you had." Joe grumbles and Dakota is brought back into the loop. "Seeing as though he literally did the opposite of what we wanted."

"Look, Joe, we tried." Barry says standing up.

"So the kid wants to save lives. Big deal." Dakota cuts in. "He's just like his father. Yeah, he has no training and no powers, but he wants to help. In my opinion, we could use it. So let him."

****

"Ow. Ow. Stop." Harry complains.

"So what is this exactly?" Barry asks.

"Just a small source of joy, but more importantly it's going to help us stop Zoom's army." Cisco announced to the team.

"By giving them electroshock therapy?" Joe raises his brow, slightly confused.

"By giving them dimensional shock therapy." Cisco corrects. "All matter vibrates at its own unique frequency. You disrupt that frequency, you disrupt the matter."

"Like how an opera singer shatters glass with her voice." Iris points out.

"Exactly." Cisco nods in approval. "So we found out that all Earth-2 people vibrate at their own, more erratic frequency."

"Higher frequency." Wells corrects.

"So I ran this all past Hartley right and he postulated that we could create a sort of dimensional tuning fork." Cisco walks over to the new machine him and Harry built. "So if you run around the city fast enough to create a refracting field, the device can send out a pulse that'll bounce off of it, split apart, and collide with itself over and over." Cisco explained on the drawing board with a marker.

"Amplifying it to an erratic frequency on the Earth-2 spectrum." Dakota adds.

"Higher frequency."

"And when that pulse hits anyone from Earth-2-"

"It'll disrupt their nervous system." Caitlin finishes.

"Earth-2 metas go night-night." Cisco says excitedly.

"Even Zoom?"

"Even Zoom."

"Great idea, really, but what about Harry and Jesse?" Dakota asks Cisco. "How do we keep the pulse from hurting them?"

"I didn't know you cared Miller." Wells comments quietly.

"Yes you did."

"We designed these headphones to protect us from the pulse." Harry demonstrates by putting them on.

"Beats by Wells." Cisco jokes and Kota laughs.

The monitor beeps wildly showing huge metahuman activity.

"Barry you have to start the refracting field right now." Wells orders.

"But what about all those people?" He asks.

"Seriously, I'm right here." Dakota snaps.

"I think I just got the worst idea of all time."