Failed....Horribly

Matty went back to the FBI because Kinsley had to talk to him about something and Dakota lied in her training room staring at her old suit.

"Ever think about going back out there?" Cisco laid down next to her and put his hands behind his head.

Dakota put hers behind her head as well, "No. I put that suit on, people are gonna die."

"You don't know that." Cisco replied cocking his head at the suit. "I could make some serious improvements."

"Cisco, have you met me?" Dakota chuckled. "If I touch that bow. People will die."

Dakota stood up and reached out her hand. Cisco grabbed it and stood up.

Suddenly he was flooded with images, lightning crackled all around him.

Dakota let go and the images disappeared, "What did you see?"

Cisco shook his head to clear it up, "Nothing. Just got a little dizzy."

Kota ruffled his hair, "Come on."

Cisco led her to the basement where everyone else was waiting. Matty was sitting on the platform letting his feet hang over the edge and a bowl of popcorn sat in his lap. 

"You know..." Matty says throwing popcorn in his mouth. "This probably won't work."

"Oh I know. We all know that." Dakota chuckled taking some of the popcorn.

The rest of them watched as Linda ultimately failed at shooting down cardboard cut outs of the Flash.

"I have a better idea." Dakota suggested jumping off the platform. "Let me show you." Kota walked up to Linda and stuck her hand out. "Give me one."

"Dakota I don't think-"

Linda handed her one of the gauntlets and Dakota put it on her wrist.

Dakota didn't say a word just aimed her arm at one of the targets and fired.

BOOM!

The target exploded and Dakota handed the gauntlet back to Linda.

"And don't make sound effects." Dakota grumbled jumping back onto the platform.

Matty giggled and nudged her, "Nicely done."

Dakota took the popcorn from his hand and shoved it in her mouth, "Mmm....thanks."

Cortex

The team stood in the Cortex still discussing the plan. Dakota and Matty stood next to each other, too close for Barry's comfort, and a bowl of popcorn still between them.

"Cisco, did you find a good breach that's away from people?" Barry asked stepping closer to Kota.

"There's a breach by a part of the docks that's pretty deserted." He replied.

"The speed dampener?" He wrapped his arm around Dakota's shoulder.

"My tests indicate that it'll work." Wells said.

"Let me take the shot." Dakota suggested. "I'm the better shot."

"We'll see." Harry answered. "I'll tune up Ramon's gloves too."

Barry pulled Dakota away from Matty and the group into her training room, "Listen I don't want you there when it goes down. Speedster versus speedster. It's my fight."

Dakota chuckled and poked his chest, "Barry it's my world too. Aren't you forgetting I'm a speedster too? Because of you."

Barry grabbed the sides of her face and pulled her lips to his. Dakota's phone began to ring and she groaned trying to pull away.

Kota yanked her phone from her back pocket and turned away from Barry, "Hello?"

"This is Dr. Marcus Reeds calling about Lily." He said into the phone.

Barry grabbed her waist and pulled her back to him, "Is something wrong?"

"I'm sorry to tell you this over phone, I understand you're busy. But Lily's vitals dropped out and we were not able to save her." He murmured softly into the phone.

"What?" Dakota seemed frozen in shock and Barry pulled away.

"I'm very sorry for your loss. I can send her things over to your office at the FBI." Reeds suggested as Dakota leaned against the wall.

"Please."