Epilogue

Dakota and Matty sat in the truck driving towards Coast City. They had just left the house that Barry bought for him and Kota. The two of them were going to be apart of a task force run out of Coast City. It was an exciting new challenge for both of them.

Dakota was staring out the passenger seat window watching the houses go by as Matty drove. After a few minutes, Kota turns in her seat to look back at the city she was leaving behind.

Matty glances over at her, "It'll be alright. This is a good thing for us. We'll be doing actual change."

Dakota sits back in the seat and looks over at Matty, "I know. I'm just going to miss him."

"You did the right thing. If you stayed, it would only hurt you more. You couldn't have stayed in a relationship that wasn't meant to be." Matty explains.

"If I stayed, it would have hurt him too." Kota murmurs quietly.

Matty pretends to not hear what Dakota just said. He knew what it meant but he didn't want to act on it, not yet. She needed time to adjust to life without Barry. "So, you're The Storm now, huh?"

Kota smirked, "Yeah I guess so."

"Are you going to keep the speed force in your system?" Matty asked.

She shrugged her shoulders. "I think that it's time I stop running from who I'm destined to be. I need to face it...head on. I want to do better...to be better..."

"You will be..."