The Wrong Person is Dreaming

Dakota burst through Barry's bedroom door. He was sitting up, breathing heavily.

She comes over and sits on the bed, "I'm supposed to have the nightmares. Not you."

"It was just a dream. Go back to sleep." Barry insisted.

Dakota rolled her eyes, "Barry I'm not stupid. Talk."

"I wasn't fast enough to save you. Zoom killed you." Barry murmured.

Dakota lowered her head, "Is this about what I did? With Mardon?"

Barry shrugged, "Watching you do that. I've never been so scared in my entire life. I really thought he was going to kill you."

Kota grabbed his hand and put it over her heart, "I wasn't going to die. I knew they needed a distraction long enough to get all the bombs out."

Barry reached forward and kissed her. Dakota smiled as he pushed her to lie down.

****

Dakota fell to the ground as Legend latched onto her padded arm.

"Legend! Heel!" Matty commanded.

Legend climbed off Dakota and licked her face. She giggled and stood up. Kota took off the padding and rubbed Legend's head.

"Not that I'm complaining but why am I working with Legend? He's your dog." Matty asked.

Dakota looked at him then back at Legend.

"What's wrong?" Matty crossed his arms.

"Barry had a nightmare last night. Seemed pretty shaken up when he told me what happened." Dakota said as they headed upstairs.

"What did happen?"

"Zoom kills me."

****

Barry ran from the police precinct after he just watched the Turtle take a ring and disappear.

"How was Turtle Time?" Cisco asks as he comes back.

"It was....weird. Like all the energy was sucked out of me. Then it came back." Barry explained.

"That's exactly what happened." Harry said looking up from his computer. "The Turtle has the ability to suck our kinetic energy leaving everyone in a potential energy state."

"So why could I still move?" Barry asked.

"Your speed. It allowed you to change positions faster than anybody else." Harry said going over to Cisco's room.

"Where are you going?!" Cisco asked.

"To figure out how to use the Turtle against Zoom. Remember Zoom?" Harry grumbled leaving the Cortex.

"Sure Cisco I'd love your help." Cisco grumbled following Harry in.

"Alright well I'm gonna head back to work. Update Joe." Barry said leaving the Cortex.

****

Barry stood in the doorway of his lab to see Dakota hitting his old punching bag.

"You haven't been up here in a while." Barry said coming around the corner.

"I needed to get away from the office." Dakota stepped away and took off the gloves. "Too much paperwork."

"There's a black tie event tonight at Central City Museum. They're showcasing "The Crystal Ball" a painting recovered from Markovia. I was wondering if you would be my date?" Barry asked pulling Dakota close to him.

She looks up at him, "Let me guess. The Turtle is gonna go after it you think and you want to be there when he does."

Barry sighed, "Sorry."

"Yes of course I'll be your date."