Remember Him

"No. This can't be happening. Not again." Caitlin murmured. "He's not dead."

Cisco grabs her and leads her out of the basement. Matty follows with an injured Dakota.

"So, Griffin is at school. Legend is at the house. Everything was fine except for a metahuman that creates earthquakes. But that was taken care of." Matty filled in Dakota as he got her seated in the med bay. "Did Zoom find out about the absence of the speed force? Did Barry?"

Dakota shakes her head, "Luckily, no."

Barry steps into the med bay as Dakota takes her shirt off to reveal the damage that Zoom has done. He helps Matty bandage her up and watches as Matty stitches the cut on her face.

Barry looks at Matty and holds out his hand, "Thank you, for watching Griffin."

"It's my pleasure. He's a good kid." Matty replied shaking Barry's hand.

Barry looks at Dakota and crosses his arms, "How come you never told me about Eddie before?"

She shrugs, "There was a lot going on Barry. I've been meaning to say something."

Matty glances between Barry and Dakota, "What are you talking about?"

"When I dated Eddie."

****

A few days, about a week went by after the team came back from Earth 2. Dakota was healed enough where she could come back to her normal duties. Of course, her normal duties consisted of training with Matty in the Cortex on a mat. Cisco and Barry stood at the desk watching them and talking about Caitlin.

"Looks like we came at the right time then." Dig says as him and Lyla walk into the Cortex.

Dakota had just thrown Matty to the ground with a knife at his throat. She stands up and helps him to his feet.

"Dig! Lyla!" She rushes to them and hugs them. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We came here to give you the head's up Barry." Dig says somberly.

"About whaaaatt?" He asks turning to face them.

"A metahuman who escaped from ARGUS custody. He goes by the name King Shark." Lyla answers.

"King Shark? You mean the half-man/half-shark that tried to kill you months ago. I thought he was dead." Cisco did not look happy about the news.

Neither did Dakota. "Were you ever going to tell me about King Shark?"

Barry shrugged his shoulders.

"That's what ARGUS wanted you to believe when they snatched him up, but believe me, this half-shark is very much alive and his biological imperative is telling him to do one thing. That's kill you, Barry." Diggle explains to everyone and then turns to Dakota. "We stopped by your office but Derek said we would find you here. We need your help too."

Dakota shrugs, "I'm in."

As Lyla pulls up information on King Shark Barry asked, "So how do you know about King Shark?"

"Well as the new director of ARGUS, Lyla's job is clean up Amanda Waller's messes. King Shark was one of the bigger and weirder ones." Diggle replied.

"And it appears under her directives ARGUS had been monitoring metahuman activity for the past two years." Lyla continues.

Caitlin looks at them, "Why?"