Talk

Central City Farmhouse

"The Staff is protected by some kind of energy field. Barry couldn't touch that." Dakota was saying to the group.

"Maybe if you were mittens-"

"What if we made some sort of insulated gauntlets." Cisco suggested looking at Felicity.

"Yeah yeah the magnetic shielding could disrupt the-"

"The staff's magnetic polarity."

"While they work on getting the staff away from Savage, we need to know everything there is about him." Oliver kept going.

"Well I googled reincarnated nut jobs and came up with nothing." Felicity shrugged her shoulders.

"Kendra and I would be the reincarnated nut jobs, Savage is merely immortal." Carter pointed out.

"Merely? Welcome to the new normal." Thea grumbled.

"Anyone who's been around for 4,000 years should leave a trail." Dakota said.

"I'll check with ARGUS, see if they have anything on him." Diggle said.

"Laurel and I can check police reports." Thea suggested.

"We need to find a way to use your ability." Oliver looked at Kendra.

"Don't let him train you. I'm sorry but every time it rains I can still feel it in my shoulders." Barry joked.

"I'll do it." Carter announced.

Dakota followed them outside where she could actually train. She had a set of knives in a bag in the front porch. Dakota stood twenty yards from a chair with knives set in a tree stump.

She picked one up and threw it at the tree.

Dead on target.

She repeatedly threw knives at the tree until images flashed in her mind. She kept going, trying to fight through it. Her hand started shaking and the knife jumped in her hand.

A gentle hand slid over hers and gripped the knife, "Easy...." Dakota relaxed against Barry's touch. "Take a deep breath and focus. You can do this."

He took a step back and watched her, carefully. The knife soared through the air and sunk in the tree. Dakota's hand was violently shaking and she couldn't get herself to stop.

Barry turned her around and begun massaging her hand, "It's okay. This a step in the right direction."

"I...."

"Shhh....you don't have to talk. You don't have to do this. You can take your time." Barry said soothingly.

Across the field Kendra, Carter, and Cisco were watching Barry and Dakota.

"I don't understand. Why is she-"

"Dakota is suffering from PTSD. Can hardly touch a knife ever since...." Cisco trailed off and glanced at Kendra.

Warehouse

Dakota lied on a roof peering through a scope watching Barry, Oliver, and Merlyn in the warehouse below.

"Please tell me we're not going to negotiate with terrorists. Or, you know, 4000 year old bad guys." Barry complained.

"Maybe Savage slips up and gives us something that we can use to our advantage." Oliver suggested.

"Yeah okay." Dakota said into the comms.

Merlyn scoffed, "Thea said you were being a little more humorous."

"How do you know so much about Savage anyway?" Barry asks.

"I don't know anything about him Mr. Allen. That's why I'm afraid of him." Merlyn said quietly.

"Wow, Merlyn is afraid of something. The great Ra's Al Guhl." Dakota giggled in the comms.

"Shut it." Merlyn snapped.

Savage appeared from the shadows of the warehouse, "That's not the only reason you should be afraid of me. I assure you."