The Feds and Police Team Up

Precinct

"Um Detective West sir." A young woman about Barry's age stood in front of his desk.

"Yes? Officer...Spivot." West looked up from his phone.

"Patty Spivot." She corrects. "Captain Singh said that there were positions open on the anti-metahuman task force."

Joe scoffs, "Yeah they all quit."

"Well I know someone who will fit the job perfectly. Me." Spivot replied.

Joe chuckles, "You do realize metahumans have superpowers right? Besides you're not a good fit for the team."

"Because I'm a woman?" Patty raised on eyebrow.

"Oh God no." Joe replied. "I didn't imply that."

"Good because I think I'm very qualified. I triple majored at Hudson University in biology, chemistry, and physics. I'm in prime physical condition and I'm rated at the top of my class in marksmanship." Patty explained proudly.

"Your class? You don't even have your stripes yet." Joe pointed out.

"Been on the job seven months sir." Patty responds.

"Are you aware of what happened to my previous partner?" Joe immediately thought of the knife Dakota has thrown sinking into Eddie's chest.

"Detective Thawne, yes." Patty nodded.

"Officer-"

"Spivot, Patty Spivot." She cut in.

"The answer's no." He said.

"I'm just asking for a shot sir. Just an interview." Patty begged.

"You just had one. The answer is no." Joe walked away from the desk.

Crime Scene

Barry knelt inside the building taking pictures.

"Barry. Hey." Joe announced his presence in the building. "What do you got?"

"Definitely a metahuman. He was made of sand. I could tell in between punches." Barry told Joe.

"Excuse me Barry Allen?" Patty walked into the building.

He looked up, "Yeah?"

"Hi. I'm a huge fan. I'm Patty Spivot." She said.

"Hey." He smirked. "Huge fan of what exactly?"

"Your forensic reports." Patty replied. "I've read them all."

"I don't think that I've read them all." Barry chuckled.

"I think I found something. I'd like to show you." She glanced at Joe and smirked as he left.

"Bag and tag people! I want this back at the precinct ASAP!" Dakota walked into the building.

Barry turned to face her and smiled, "What are you doing here?!"

"Kinsley and Singh decided that we need to work together on catching metahumans. Or at least work the crime scenes." Matty answered for her as he walked in. "Cooper's searching outside with Joe."

"Patty this is Agent Dakota Miller and her partner Agent Matthew Scott of the FBI." Barry introduced them.

"So this is the origin of the fire. I don't think a sand blaster could have made a cut this precise. I think this was a metahuman." Patty held out a small glass tube filled with sand. "I took a sample for you."

Dakota snatched the tube, "I will take that. Thank you. Sorry Barry."

He grinned, "You guys setting up shop in my lab?"

"You betcha." Kota smirked.

"I thought you had a case. Bones in the river?" Barry said glancing at Patty.

"We caught the guy." Dakota shrugged and her phone rang. She groaned and picked it up, "I'm on a case Booth what do you want?"

"Bones and I are going out for lunch before we leave. Care to join us?" He asked. "Unless the case is important."

She sighed in annoyance, "Alright Matty and I will be there." She shoved her phone in her pocket. "Sorry Barry I got a lunch date with the other agents that helped us on that case."

Barry pouted, "I'll see ya later."

"Oh do either of you know how to break Joe's no-code?" Patty asked.

Dakota chuckled, "You don't. Barry and I have been trying for fifteen years. Good luck Patty."