Elevator

STAR Labs

Everyone was crowded around the computers while Barry ran through the city. Dakota however was on the floor playing with Legend. Matty, as well, wasn't around the computer. He was running an errand for Dakota that she so awkwardly asked.

"He's running 1,375 miles per hour." Cisco announced.

"What's the fastest he's ever ran?" Wells asked.

"A little over mach 2. When he went back in time." Dakota replied standing up.

"That's not good." Wells said bluntly.

"That's good Barry." Caitlyn glared back at Wells.

Barry returned to the Cortex, "I'm not running faster am I?"

"Well....no." Dakota led Legend to his bed.

"Let's fix this. I know I can't beat Zoom at this speed. I felt like I was standing still next to him." Barry grumbled changing into normal clothes.

"That's because you were." Dakota snapped.

"When Zoom threw you off the roof, you looked like you were going fast. Really fast. Before crash landing on the ground." Wells turned to look at Dakota. "And you can fight. You can defeat Zoom."

"No." Dakota shook her head. "I'm not doing it."

"I don't want you in this." Barry added.

"She's already in this since she became a speedster." Cisco pointed out and hit a button by the computer. A wall opened up revealing a black suit with a huge lightning bolt across the chest. "Ta-dah!"

Dakota attached the leash to Legend's harness, "No. I'm not doing this."

"Dakota..."

"No. Don't Dakota me! I am NOT doing this. I'm NOT going back out there." Kota stormed out of the Cortex with Legend on her heels.

FBI Building

Dakota stepped off the elevator and headed into the big open training area with Legend by her side. She saw someone she didn't really want to see. She's been avoiding Matty ever since they almost kissed.

He stood in a fighting stance in front of Derek who still had a shirt on but Matty didn't. She never saw him shirtless and she never truly noticed how toned and muscular he is. Dakota stood frozen to the spot as Matty and Derek fought. But Matty noticed the elevator doors close and open. He turned and stopped fighting Derek who just went over to his gym bag.

Dakota faced away from him and hit the elevator button. She stepped inside and prayed for the doors to shut. Matty sprinted towards the doors and squeezed inside as the doors were closing.

"Can we...talk?" Matty murmured slipping a shirt over his head.

"There's nothing to talk about." Dakota avoided his eyes.

"Of course there is." He slammed the stop button and faced her. "We almost kissed. You WERE going to do it."

"Barry and I fight sometimes and it might seem like I don't love him. But I do, Matty. I really love him and I can't just go around kissing-"

Matty stepped forward and pushed her against the wall, kissing her. Dakota froze in shock but kissed him back, gently.

Until she realized what was happening. She stepped around him and hit the stop button again so the elevator would move.

"I'm sorry...." Matty whispered smirking.

"No you're not." Dakota chuckled.

"You finally kissed me. Do you feel better now?" Matty smiled turning to her.

Dakota blushed slightly, "A little."